Top Speed?

my mods are in my sig.With my speedohealer set to correct for my gearing and factory error I did an indicated 141 and still had about 2500-3000 rpm to gothis was this past Saturday teaching some azzclown in a corvette that it wasnt gonna happen for him

Yea, bikes have the acceleration advantage up to about 120-140 MPH, but then the aerodynamics start to favor the car (especially one as aerodynamic as a 'Vette). I'm sure if it was a newer 'Vette and there was plenty of road you would have been history. I should know as I used to have a 'Vette ;)

you are correct sir! he started with me by cutting me off.I t was a 71 Stingray,I had a 72.There was tons of road but I guess his balls shrunk he was about 2 miles in my mirror when I let off

I hit 132 indicated last Sunday and I hit either 127 or 137 (can't remember) on the ride home from buying the bike a month ago... The 132 this last Sunday was cake, flying onto I-75 from an on-ramp until I caught up to cagers and had to cut it back since you never know what other drivers may do... :shaking head:

Unfortunally today a hit 274kph that´s 164mph indicated, at about
8h00am only one car on the highway a bit ahead, i say unfortunally because i get to top speed when i was passing a highway patrol car that was going really slow... hope that they didn´t get a chance to get my license.

Last edited:
164 is the fastest I've had her. I had more to go, if my shoulder bag wouldn't have come open I would've gotten a better idea, I was playing w a cbr1000 otw to work this morning...

Mild MPH

I just bought mine a week ago and hit 135......that's prolly all i'll do. I'm 29 but tend to ride like i'm 59. Fun Bike. 07' 12K miles for $4K with free maintenance until 8/2011. Already had the 12K service done.....Not too shabby.

Thank you,

Mario Cioppa

On my 2005 Gen 1 see indicated 250 with relative ease, lying flat under the screen 260 on a long run and 270 with a fair tail wind - indicated this could mean anything but riding next to other bikes at 120-160 we get similar readings - I have a slightly taller than standard Yamaha OEM screen, also have a Yamaha OEM bellypan, Acro can and B&M filter this may help with top end.

FZ1 Stickers

hi mate I am looking for some FZ1 stickers like the ones on your bike have you any idea where i might be able to get these, by the way your bike looks cool and i know where your coming from with that wind resistance

Hmmmm... mine still ONLY does 5 mph over the speed limit and I cannot figure out why? Maybe if several of you come up and ride with me for a weekend, you can help verify my actual speed? I'm betting your's is only ever 5 mph over too! I dare you... I dare you ALL!!! ;)

Your uncle tells the true..change the terminal exaust doesn't encrease the performance and in teory,in low rpm range,you can feel a dirty erogation becouse you loose the exoust valve..but depends from terminal and bike.. anyway when you put on a Rapid bike sistem(or Power C,Buzzaz..)and use the bench to optimize the map,you can feel a great difference(11hp more at max rpm and in lower range,more on my bike). And the power is the less important thing..you can encrease the torque where Fz1 has her gap and you can create a delivery without holes due to compromise anti pollution standards. When you go to do the review, simply disconnect the unit and return the original Terminal, without any problem (if you have done a good job ...) .. change only a thing like ex. t. is a cheap choice but often doesn't work..on the better case you can hear a fantastic sound but lot of people prefers the old erogation's feeling

Back