Top Speed?

I felt like mine was topping out at bout 146. i still had factory exaust with no mods but could have also been topping out early because did a rolling run from about 80mph withough downshifting, i dont believe i was pulling enough RPMs to hit top speed. Also had touring windscreen on at time, but still was very stable.

I wonder what the fine would be for doing 155 mph in a 65 zone? Unless of course you're Lebron James driving home from a game, I would expect it to be sky-high, and could possibly have license suspended too.

I wonder what the fine would be for doing 155 mph in a 65 zone? Unless of course you're Lebron James driving home from a game, I would expect it to be sky-high, and could possibly have license suspended too.

I once got hit for 145 in a 55 in NJ. I was cuffed and stuffed the bike towed, maximum speeding violation plus careless driving and reckless driving, failing to obey street signs. I believe it cost me my license for 6 mo, $100 for towing and storage, speeding was $150, $ 125 ea for reckless and careless,$45 for the sign, 500.00 for a lawyer. My license asvab on my fridge impressive and priceless. This is why I moved to Pa

I once got hit for 145 in a 55 in NJ. I was cuffed and stuffed the bike towed, maximum speeding violation plus careless driving and reckless driving, failing to obey street signs. I believe it cost me my license for 6 mo, $100 for towing and storage, speeding was $150, $ 125 ea for reckless and careless,$45 for the sign, 500.00 for a lawyer. My license asvab on my fridge impressive and priceless. This is why I moved to Pa

OUCH !!! (but it sure is fun)

I'm supprised at these numbers. I'm on a Gen I (fully stock as far as I know) and I felt the bike starting to top out at 141 mph. Granted I'm 6'5" and 320lbs, but I didn't think it had much left to give.

Wind speed on the helmet was a bitch though at those speeds.

You need to drop a tooth, or add a couple in the rear.....remember its not how fast you go, its how fast you get to fast.

My Gen1 with just a GYTR slip-on and -1 in the front with speedo healer and gps....I hit 155+ tucked but ran out of road and diddn't redline any gear at all....still had lots to go....just needed room to get their.
Now I'm -1 in the front and +2 in the rear I hit 150 in what feels like half the time but being bitched slapped at that speed prevents me from going any faster...still less than 10K in 6th figure another 7mph.
I'm about 225 decked out and my wife 115 and we hit 145 sitting straight up
my speed limiter (in my head) is set for 150, so I'll never know top speed.
I set my speedohealer to be corrected at 80mph with gps...minimum correction up to about 140.

Did you have any points before hand on your license? As in did the popo not like you already? :p or was that a first time offense..

Did you have any points before hand on your license? As in did the popo not like you already? :p or was that a first time offense..

I was winning the game in NJ, I think from 89 to 96 I had any where from 15 to 42 points on my license. I think I paid more in restoration fees than most people paid for insurance. Mind you I am not proud of it. The second I had a three year clean record I move to PA and hit the reset button.

I was winning the game in NJ, I think from 89 to 96 I had any where from 15 to 42 points on my license. I think I paid more in restoration fees than most people paid for insurance. Mind you I am not proud of it. The second I had a three year clean record I move to PA and hit the reset button.

LOL. I got 4 points at 17 years old and had to take the DMV defensive driving class. Some dude in the back had 42 points and the class was in awe.

On magazines all the performances test(N type)talk from 244km/h to 249km/h.. I never pushed to the limit mine honey when she was stock but now I saw 271km/h on dashboard and 254km/h on gps. This gps date are not the same of the dashboard(differents days) and anyway I never touched the limitator limit on 6th gear since I have Fz1.. Consider that now my baby's performances are made with: air filter bmc,ngk iridium,leo vince sbk exhaust terminal,rapid bike 3(limitator at 12100rpm max power at 12049),rear crow +2,and(looks like a joke but on N tipe do the difference)plexi 10cm under dashboard's suite.. I'm sure that N type in stock version can pass the 240km/h limit but only if you stay completly flex under the cockpit touching the tank with chest and abs..

if you need a good gps without spent money read my thread and enjoy to descover your fz1's max speed;-)

02 fully ivanized ported boots k&n stock windscreen and gearing. I had leathers on. I could have pushed it a bit more, saw a car in the near* distance.
a6cd093c-75c8-9e6a.jpg

On magazines all the performances test(N type)talk from 244km/h to 249km/h.. I never pushed to the limit mine honey when she was stock but now I saw 271km/h on dashboard and 254km/h on gps. This gps date are not the same of the dashboard(differents days) and anyway I never touched the limitator limit on 6th gear since I have Fz1.. Consider that now my baby's performances are made with: air filter bmc,ngk iridium,leo vince sbk exhaust terminal,rapid bike 3(limitator at 12100rpm max power at 12049),rear crow +2,and(looks like a joke but on N tipe do the difference)plexi 10cm under dashboard's suite.. I'm sure that N type in stock version can pass the 240km/h limit but only if you stay completly flex under the cockpit touching the tank with chest and abs..

if you need a good gps without spent money read my thread and enjoy to descover your fz1's max speed;-)

I'm looking into exhausts now.. hows the leo vince? I'm feeling the yosh trc slip-on only because A. don't want to void the warranty and B. was told by my uncle (whose a mechanic) that there really is no substantial difference between a slip on and full system.. anyone know if thats actually true? and any suggestions on what type of slip would be good?

The easiest answer is (because they are all slightly diferent) faster than any posted speed limit in the United States and most other places on the earth so it will put you easily in the area of a speeding ticket, if used, by far.

my mods are in my sig.With my speedohealer set to correct for my gearing and factory error I did an indicated 141 and still had about 2500-3000 rpm to gothis was this past Saturday teaching some azzclown in a corvette that it wasnt gonna happen for him

Back