Top Sellerie Seat

Thanks to my good friend Eric (FZ1inNH, who will be visiting me soon) for ordering my new seat. I have this "thing" about doing business with France as my experience when visiting 2 different times was pretty unpleasant. So Eric ordered it for me with my credit card and it arrived in a fairly timely manner and in perfect condition. That company is certainly beginning to change the way I viewed France. This second Top Sellerie seat, as the first, is simply the best aftermarket seat I have ever sat upon. It also has impeccable style to go along with its comfort. Thanks go to my great friend Eric and Kudos to Top Sellerie for producing such a fine item!

photo-84.jpg

photo-83.jpg

photo-82.jpg

photo-81.jpg

I was very lucky to spot the red stitching and piping set in the bargain bin. With the Euro at such a low, I knew Norm would want one for his red beast so I immediately called him and we set up the deal. What was even MORE surprising was online, the seat was marked 186 euros but in the cart it was only 152 Euros! Norm, you got a heck of a deal on this set! I see the pillion seat even has the grab strap??? That didn't come with mine... cool benefit!

They look awesome!!!

Thanks all. Yea, Eric, this seat is truly a work of art. They outdid themselves with this seat. I just rode it for about an hour and, as expected, it is ridiculously comfortable.

How much seat depth do you lose with that seat? It looks great but does it still leave you a little wiggle room for those long rides, or are you limited to one seating position all the time?

As easy as it is to remove the seat on the Gen 2 I would like to get this set up one day. I could then switch between Sunday rides with the boys or longer trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just recieved my seat from them yesterday. Orderd it out of the bargian bin on Dec 24. Same color as yours and it fits the bike perfect. Comfort has to be better than stock. Bike has been put away for winter so will wait for spring to ride.

I also orderd one for my wifes Bandit 1250 at the same time, now this is the best seat I have seen for this bike.

How much seat depth do you lose with that seat? It looks great but does it still leave you a little wiggle room for those long rides, or are you limited to one seating position all the time?

That's an excellent question. You're absolutely right that it keeps you pretty much in one position. As Johnny said it is very easy to swap seats on the FZ1 so you might want to keep your stock seat, as I did. I actually don't like the shearing forces from the movement on the stock seat. Maybe if I were heavier I could stay in one place with the accelerations and decelerations that the FZ1 is capable of producing.

Nice seat Norm (the bike's) ( I've never seen yours :disturbed). One question though, what's with the decals still on the tail section?

By the way, that was a great deal on the seat!

Gawd I wish I had a friend who would order me a custom seat from France! :poke:

alas, I will have to have one made here in the USA!

;) Sort of... He did say "So Eric ordered it for me with my credit card " so I didn't pay for it. What's your CC # Brenda? I'll hook you right up too! :yes:

seriously, you should get one. They have quite a few in the bargain bin right now, the cost in the "CART" is cheaper than advertised AND the Euro is very low compared to when I bought mine so you'll get it for just over $200.00! You can't touch a Sargent or Corbin for that price! :icon_beer:

;) Sort of... He did say "So Eric ordered it for me with my credit card " so I didn't pay for it. What's your CC # Brenda? I'll hook you right up too! :yes:

seriously, you should get one. They have quite a few in the bargain bin right now, the cost in the "CART" is cheaper than advertised AND the Euro is very low compared to when I bought mine so you'll get it for just over $200.00! You can't touch a Sargent or Corbin for that price! :icon_beer:

Are any of those a "lowered" version and would they look hot on my black bike???

Are any of those a "lowered" version and would they look hot on my black bike???

I did not see any that were lowered but Michele uses my seat often and she's having no trouble with the standard height seat and the Soupy link so I think you'd be fine. :tup:

They have several of the black with silver stitching/piping that would look awesome on your bike. It would look just about like Lee's seat here but with Norm's pattern for materials I believe. Lee ordered customized:

TopSellerieinstalled.jpg

Hey "FZ1inNH"...aka Eric,

You seem to be the "resident advocate" for these seats. I love them, but I want to get one that fits me as well as possible (I'm relatively big...6'3" 200-210 lbs). Is it "standard", or "long"?...or for that matter, "raised?? I am also curious about the gel too. Our bikes OE seat is (duh) notorious for its' lack of comfort...is the gel a worthwhile investment?

They truly are beautiful creations, and I won't hesitate to buy, but their lack of information, and me not being bilingual makes it difficult to discern which choice is the best for me. The seats that I have seen from this manufacturer truly look top notch, and everyone's reviews...(thanks Norm, yours looks magnificent as well!!) ...have helped push me even more so on this product.

Thanks!

- Chad :icon_beer:

Last edited:
Back