Thunderbolt@NJMP 10/15/2011

4am are you freakin insane????!!! I would camp the night before.Keep the rubber side down guys!!!! If I am frugal enuff on the Ninja I may be able to squeeze another track day but i doubt it oh well I have a new toy.

Great day with great people. Got to meet Billy, Dave and Daves dad Harry. Hope to be in Petes group one day. Iam totally smoked. I'll have to look but I think I got into the 1:40's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day with great people. Got to meet Billy, Dave and Daves dad Harry. Hope to be in Petes group one day. Iam totally smoked. I'll have to look but I think I got into the 1:40's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny, It was great to meet you and your wife as well as Pete and his Wife and daughter. You guys both are very generous to offer me a try the track ride on each of your bikes. even though it didnt work out for me to ride I still want to express many thanks for the offer.

Billy, as always my Brother, It was very nice to get to see you again.
Looking forword to a ride soon before the weather goes south on us..

I have only a few pictures, I will get them up soon.

Great day and thanks again!!!

Pictures from today.
Here is Billy at the beginning of the day when he was the only one on the track. He still got third! lol J/K
DSCN0352.jpg

Johnny and Pete at thier pits.
DSCN0351.jpg

Billy on the spotter tower.
DSCN0353.jpg

Billy and my Pop (Harry) on the tower.
DSCN0356.jpg

Billy and I on the tower.
DSCN0357.jpg

Me on Petes track bike getting ready for a couple laps. Never made it on the track though. Track was in red flag and didnt restart before I left. But many thanks anyhow for the offer to let me give your bike a shot.
DSCN0359.jpg

Billy on the " Johnneyontherocks" own rebuilt Hawk. Great job with the Bike Johnny.
DSCN0360.jpg

Me on Petes bike loving whats about to come but never did! Bummer.
DSCN0362.jpg

If only I could say what I was thinking when the reality of me not hitting the track came to life!!!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!! and then some!! lol Looks like the track record wont get a chance to get broke today!
DSCN0364.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to say that I had an awesome time today meeting Johnny and his wife, seeing Peter and his wife again, meeting their daughter, and of course seeing my dear friends Dave and Harry. We all had a great time. It was quite an experience, being my first time at a trackday and all and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks to Johnny for letting me use his FZ1, I was able to do the "Try The Track" ride along with his wife Rene, who rode her Honda Hawk. Johnny's ride, with the R1 front end and Penske rear, was a joy to ride, even with the rear sets higher than normal. What was great about today's ride on the track compared to the "parade lap" at the AMA races was that today the instructor actually rode up front showing you each entry point, each apex, and each departure point on all the turns. So you got to ride on the track and learn some valuable info on the layout at the same time. I was bummed out that Dave couldn't stay because I would have rather have him get out there instead of me.

I just want to thank everyone for all their generosity and hospitality which made the day that much more enjoyable. The time flew by today and before we knew it, it was 4pm and time for me to split. Thankfully there was little to no traffic on the way home which was a perfect ending to the day. I have to say that so far, every single person that I have met on this forum has been so friendly and gracious. We have great members here and it shows in all aspects of our great site. Anyway, enough of my jabber jawing. Here are a few shots from today. I have some really nice video but I will finish processing that tomorrow to post here in the thread.

The "Yamaha" Pit

IMG_2342.jpg

Johnny's FZ1 and Rene's Hawk

IMG_2345.jpg

Peter's R6 Trackbike

IMG_2346.jpg

Johnny's Ride ready for session 2

IMG_2347.jpg

Thanks again for a wonderful day!

Trying to decide if its time to move up to Intermediate. I thought I might have broke into the 1:40's but only saw bests of mid 1:50's. Earlzack timed me at 1:51 in one of my sessions. The FZ is a lot more work than the Hawk I feel completely beat up today. I'll try to get some onboard up tonight. I think Billy has some gopro and video camera footage. This week I'm going to look at a 04 Gixxer 600.

Some video from Johnny's trackday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53hsrdFlxo"]JOTR Trackday NJMP - YouTube[/ame]

Here's David taking some laps on Peter's R6

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57DKTjrrUg"]David On The R6 Trackbike - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Here's one more video from Trackday with a little twist. The adjoining airport had what must have been a "Fly-in" of WWII Planes which were coming and going all day. I was lucky enough to have the camera ready for these Avengers doing a fly over.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGFPpXOOEQ]Pair Of Grumman Avengers - YouTube[/ame]

Wow! Talk about luck. Harry just emailed me this picture from the newspaper today. It winds up that there was indeed a WWII Airshow at Millville Airport yesterday. Had I known that I would have gone over to check it out. They say that due to the high winds only 15 out of the 30 expected planes showed up. It does mention the Spitfire which I was able to see as he flew over the track. Pretty cool stuff!

Airshow.jpg

Last edited:
Back