Thunderbolt@NJMP 10/15/2011

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I will be headed to Thunderbolt@NJMP in Millville NJ on October 15. If anyone would like to join in for a fun day at the track Team Promotion still has some openings for these days. Or if you would just like to get out for a day and coach Peter and I on. Hopefully the last trackday duties for the FZ.

can I ride your bike? mine got dirty which really didnt work well for me.There is only one thing wrong with Thunderbolt its in Jersey!!!

I can't wait! I'll be bringing the video cameras for a unique perspective into Peter and Johnny's riding. There is a TON of videos of trackdays that are POV videos, but I'll be taping them from a fan's prospective, from trackside, grandstands, straights, esses, you name it. It should be really cool. Not sure if Johnny owns a GoPro, but I'll be bringing my GoPro HD in case he wants to use it for some "onboard" video of his riding which I'll send to him on disc once we get back home. It should be an awesome time!

I don't know if I can make it but what does it take to join?? I live in Rahway so it is a trip for me.

I live in the Bronx and it's 2-1/2 hours door to door for me, so it shouldn't be that bad for you, maybe 2 hours?? Here is the group that is doing the trackday that Saturday... Team Pro-Motion, Inc. Motorcycle track riding. I guess you can contact them or maybe PM "Johnnyontherocks", as I believe he may be part of that group. He may be able to offer better info on the deal.

Billy,

Thanks, I got all the info. I think I need to get my bike and myself ready for something like this. I see next weekend event is on Oct 30, this gives me some time to get ready.

Best of luck in getting you bike for next year.

Billy,

Thanks, I got all the info. I think I need to get my bike and myself ready for something like this. I see next weekend event is on Oct 30, this gives me some time to get ready.

Best of luck in getting you bike for next year.

I started my membership with TPM this year. I have the full throttle membership. this pad for itself with the amount of days I did this year. All of their memberships include TPM's ART (advanced rider training) for free. If you have never participated in a trackday the require it. Its very informative and eases you into track riding. You will not loose any time on the track but will occupy part of your off track time.

What you will need for running beginner
A newer DOT helmet
A 0ne or two piece textile or leather suit
A back protector
Gauntlet gloves
boots that extent over your ankle

What your bike will need

All light and blinkers taped with blue painters tape
Remove or tape mirrors
Good tires
Good Brakes
controls in good working order.

Johnny,

This is first time I would be riding on track.

What I want to make sure is that my ride is up to spec and I have everything that is required. This weekend I will do complete maintenance and see if I need to change anything. I got my ride in August and since then I only installed accessory outlet.

I looked through thru the TPM web and I think this is beginning of great experience. Hopefully I will see some people from this forum on the track.

I've liked my expierence with TPM. You will get a lot from the ART class both riding technique and track conduct are covered. If you could make this weekend and they have a opening it would be great.

Your first three track sessions will be with the group you are in class with, single file with a control rider in front. They build your confidence before they let you loose.

Just got home, filled up the Olds, threw my chairs in the trunk, and loaded some tools. I'm all set to go. Just going to charge up my GPS, GoPro, JVC HD Camcorder, and the Canon Point and Shoot. I guess thats all for my checklist. Hey Johnny, do you know if they run the consessions on trackdays or should I bring my cooler and some sandwiches and drinks?

Back