The Weather

EffZeeOne

Finally, a crisp day down here deep in Florida. A bone chilling 62 for a high today. Been hotter than heck lately. We had one decent week in October but otherwise it's been summer since early March.
Just waiting 'till it gets above 55 so I can suit up and head out. I'm psyched!
:Rockon::Rockon::Rockon:

It was 38 deg f when i got home from work the other morning. That was a chilly ride home. Will probly be 35 or less when i get off today... good thing i live only about 7-8 miles away.

It was 38 deg f when i got home from work the other morning. That was a chilly ride home. Will probly be 35 or less when i get off today... good thing i live only about 7-8 miles away.

That's cold for S.C. this time of year!

So, I never got around to riding today :shame:. Migraine or something. A wasted day. I was hoping to go for a long ride and post some pics. Maybe tomorrow. :confused:

edit: Joker, I just looked up where you are. My dad had a lake house on Keowee, in Six Mile! Many inebriated nights were spent. Good riding up that way. Hit many triple digits on Highway 11 up there when I lived in NC.

Last edited:
:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]
Wow, you sure wouldn't like living up here. I think of bone chilling when it is 28 of your degrees. I know, it's all relative.

Funny Oldschool! We took a trip to Colorado last year. We took our "coats" with us, things Canadians probably call shirts. We thought we'd be fine. When we got there, the airport parking lot almost killed us. We went to the Timberland outlet store and bought $200 worth of cold weather gear and had to be schooled on how to put that crap on. Takes a hardy type.

Funny Oldschool! We took a trip to Colorado last year. We took our "coats" with us, things Canadians probably call shirts. We thought we'd be fine. When we got there, the airport parking lot almost killed us. We went to the Timberland outlet store and bought $200 worth of cold weather gear and had to be schooled on how to put that crap on. Takes a hardy type.

I was in Scottsdale Arizona back in 1992 for a Chili Cookoff . I was in the desert north of town for a big cookout that night after the contest was over. It was in December and I was only wearing a sweatshirt (pants and shoes to). There were locals wearing hooded winter parkas. They were looking at me like I was insane, and I was looking back at them with the same thought. It was warm by my standards, considering when my plane landed in Manitoba getting home, you could not see out the windows because of the driving snow. I had never seen Palm trees in person until I stepped out of the doors of the airport in Phoenix to warm sunshine. It's all what you are used to.

The mailman that delivers to my office has a contest going with me, he says that he will keep wearing shorts as long as I keep riding my bike to work. I laughed and told him, "this could get ugly".

24 degree f when I just got home oh my God talk about a way to wake up after a 13 hour shift lol nothing like. 100 MPH in 24 degree weather LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

24 degree f when I just got home oh my God talk about a way to wake up after a 13 hour shift lol nothing like. 100 MPH in 24 degree weather LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It surprises me that the temperature would be that cold so early down there. Nothing like a little frost bite to wake up the senses. :cowboy:

Winter this year, for all, is expected to be a long and hard season. Here in the Northeast, we're predicted to get a record number of Nor'Easter storms. We've already had 3 but thankfully all rain thus far. Snow isn't far behind as it gets a lot colder at night now.

Where I am is predicted to get up to 96" on snow this winter. I so do not want to live here right now! If only I could have such a great job in a warmer climate....

Winter this year, for all, is expected to be a long and hard season. Here in the Northeast, we're predicted to get a record number of Nor'Easter storms. We've already had 3 but thankfully all rain thus far. Snow isn't far behind as it gets a lot colder at night now.

Where I am is predicted to get up to 96" on snow this winter. I so do not want to live here right now! If only I could have such a great job in a warmer climate....

You might be surprised that the southeast actually has more employment opportunities than most of the country and year round riding weather. I work in the technology/software field and many of the people I work with moved down here from the New England states. It is forecasted to be around 80 degree highs throughout the week, dipping into the 40s and 50s at night... I actually look forward to the few months of cool weather!

You might be surprised that the southeast actually has more employment opportunities than most of the country and year round riding weather. I work in the technology/software field and many of the people I work with moved down here from the New England states. It is forecasted to be around 80 degree highs throughout the week, dipping into the 40s and 50s at night... I actually look forward to the few months of cool weather!

Thanks! I do not doubt that the jobs are there, but I don't think I can find a better job than what I have right now. It's not just the job but the company, the owner, the boss, the co-workers, etc.... A position like this just doesn't come along often. ;) When I get up in the morning, I don't dread coming to work. No other place that I've worked in the past has given me the same feeling. :Rockon:

So, it's not a question of finding a job, it's finding a place that I enjoy and they happen to pay me well. :icon_beer:

Thanks! I do not doubt that the jobs are there, but I don't think I can find a better job than what I have right now. It's not just the job but the company, the owner, the boss, the co-workers, etc.... A position like this just doesn't come along often. ;) When I get up in the morning, I don't dread coming to work. No other place that I've worked in the past has given me the same feeling. :Rockon:

So, it's not a question of finding a job, it's finding a place that I enjoy and they happen to pay me well. :icon_beer:

Being truly happy at a job does count for a lot and you never know if the next job will make you happy regardless of pay so I totally understand!

oh how i wish we could have the temps you guys over the pond have.... was out for a good run on Sunday with the temp averaging 39F about mid-day... needless to say i think i need to invest in some winter leathers...too many "breezy" areas in my summer ones lol

oh how i wish we could have the temps you guys over the pond have.... was out for a good run on Sunday with the temp averaging 39F about mid-day... needless to say i think i need to invest in some winter leathers...too many "breezy" areas in my summer ones lol

It was about 60 on the way to work this morning (perfect temperature for me) and will be about 80 on the way home in the middle of friggin November! :D
A little off-topic, is your avatar the Gorillaz? They are one of my favorite bands. Although your weather isn't ideal for riding, at least you do have more creative music and MUCH better automotive shows on BBC (Top Gear/5th Gear, wheeler dealers, etc.) on your side of the pond :D America is known for NASCAR (yawn) and that is just about all they play on American automotive channels like speedvision.

Not parkin' it yet, but two weeks of rain and wet leaves make for a bit of a layoff. Now, to ride before they throw the gravel down for the snow/ice...

Back