The 'four days of new stuff plus visit Lee' tour

Are you sure that all the roads will be open for you? I'd really hate to see you get turned away or even worse, trapped on the wrong side of the line. Maybe plan another place this go and the next trip, once all the fires are out, go this route when it is known safe?

Regardless, I pray you have a great and uneventful trip no matter where you go!

Thanks for the kind words. It's true that anything can happen overnight but it looks like the path is clear. Over 400,000 acres burned but it it's being contained now

I'm packed and ready to go. Sadly, with my scoot being stolen yesterday, I'm basically out $1500 and it's making me reconsider an expense like this. I have no theft insurance on scooter so I'm directly out of pocket; I also have a trip to Europe coming up in 6 weeks-- I'm probably better off saving my pennies. I'll decide in the morning.

Maybe a simple day trip to Winthrop is in order to give them some business after the devastation of the wildfires they've endured.

Last edited:
Sucks about the scooter Dustin.....I hope they find the little wanker(s) and hang them up by something that will be excruciating, if you catch my drift :sinister:
And I'm sorry about your trip

I'm now One of the Resident Dirt Explorers. Like the Evil Emperor I have encouraged (perhaps inspired) at least a couple to come over to the dirt side.

I will repost my SPOT link before I leave, and will be able to check on Dustin's Spotwalla along the way. Ain't Tech great, the FBI, CIA and NSA get us to do the work for them...:retard:

Yes you bare full responsibility for me converting. :)

Sorry to hear Dustin. 9 times out of 10 they will never find it, which stinks. I've been on that road and it really hurts to come home and find a possession missing. Karma is a wonderful thing so don't fret. What comes around, goes around. If you do decide to take your trip, be safe, be careful, and have fun, and as always I'll be looking forward to some awesome photos!

Dustin, so sorry to read what happened...do note let that spoil your Europe trip.

About your Europe trip, interested to see your itinerary, maybe we can meet up if time allows.
Recent via FB I saw Allyhouse was in Belgium, if I could I'd meet up just to say hi and have a drink. It'd be great to meet in person anyone on this forum

Back