The 'four days of new stuff plus visit Lee' tour

Dustin

So, our resident dirt explorer, Oldschool, is heading out for his Colorado ride soon. Somewhere along the way, I thought it would be nice to pop by and visit, even if briefly. Good excuse for a ride, right?

I've only got four days to do it and the goal was to hit some roads I've not done before and also to visit Yellowstone, see old faithful and take Bear Tooth Pass on the way home

The route!

Any input from y'all?

Last edited:
Correction

I'm now One of the Resident Dirt Explorers. Like the Evil Emperor I have encouraged (perhaps inspired) at least a couple to come over to the dirt side.

I will repost my SPOT link before I leave, and will be able to check on Dustin's Spotwalla along the way. Ain't Tech great, the FBI, CIA and NSA get us to do the work for them...:retard:

may want to cut over oosoyoos then down to spokane. a few big wildfires in the twisp and leavenworth area are spreading pretty good, i90 should be ok but, meh, just something to keep in mind

may want to cut over oosoyoos then down to spokane. a few big wildfires in the twisp and leavenworth area are spreading pretty good, i90 should be ok but, meh, just something to keep in mind

That's a great point. I will keep an eye on the news and reports as the date gets closer. I think the I90 will be the safe bet because a lot of the BC Okanagan is ablaze as well

Jared, methinks your favorite word is,,,,,,,MEH?! Dustin, Oldschool, have fun and safe journeys! If I didn't have a 4 yr old hanging on me 24/7 I would try and meet up!

I90 east bound is closed till friday night do to a 20+ car/truck pile up do to visibility from the smoke. O would go no further west tgan Spokane for the forseable future do to fires inless you absolutely have to. The smoke from those fires here in idaho is even real thick

I90 east bound is closed till friday night do to a 20+ car/truck pile up do to visibility from the smoke. O would go no further west tgan Spokane for the forseable future do to fires inless you absolutely have to. The smoke from those fires here in idaho is even real thick

Thank you for this information. If the fires continue like that, I indeed may not be able to go anywhere east of the Cascades...

I'm glad I posted this thread up, thank you for all the info, guys

Last edited:
NWCC :: Home

That's a lot of fire :( Good information for you, Lee

I appreciate that but I scrolled over and nothing anywhere near where my route takes us. We are getting smoke in Calgary but it is fairly minor. One Week and I'll be getting ready to wrap things up at work for two weeks. Keep an eye on that Dustin, a lot can change in a week. Don't take any unnecessary risks if it is still bad out there.

I'm not giving up yet. As long as the fire isn't so bad that the highways are closed, I still want to go. Think of the great shots I'll get!

I'm glad to hear none of this effects you. I'm not sure if this map will cover Montana/Wyoming and any of those areas so maybe double check a local map

Last edited:
The fire situation is even worse than anticipated

Central Washington wildfires only 2 percent contained | www.kirotv.com

This is just outside Leavenworth... :(
Hx8QMdX.jpg

the lovely town of Winthrop has been without power for a week. Summer is this town's most prosperous time due to tourism and right now it's looking really grim for them. Pretty crazy stuff

Last edited:
At this point, I'm not sure what's advisable. I emailed WSDOT for advice on travel restrictions and any potential danger. Forest fires aren't something I'm familiar with here on the coast

Are you sure that all the roads will be open for you? I'd really hate to see you get turned away or even worse, trapped on the wrong side of the line. Maybe plan another place this go and the next trip, once all the fires are out, go this route when it is known safe?

Regardless, I pray you have a great and uneventful trip no matter where you go!

Back