The DJ NEZZ home made lowering link.

DJ NEZZ

These are Sprint Car suspension Rose Joints. All aluminium and my bike hasn't come home with its tail on the ground like a Soupys lowering link. 1mm longer = 3mm lower.

I still have my Soupy's link that I bought last winter. When I heard about the failures I immediately took it off. Only used it for about a week or so. It did look OK when I took it off and was wondering if anyone else has had or heard of any mor failures using their link?

I still have my Soupy's link that I bought last winter. When I heard about the failures I immediately took it off. Only used it for about a week or so. It did look OK when I took it off and was wondering if anyone else has had or heard of any mor failures using their link?

Hi Lonerider59, I think theres only been a couple of failers on this product so I would put it back on if you need some lowering. Ive seen 1 or 2 others on the net available like mine.:cowboy:

Michele still has her link on and no issues even after having her off. Still solid! I think that Papageno got a bum link from them with a possible defect in it. Sucks that it had to happen though. Brenda also has her link still on without any issues. When you install a Soupy's, it is critical to torque the bolts to the proper spec, that is all.

I may just put it back on because it did feel a lot beter to be able to plant my feet without tip-toeing. I lowered the front just about the same amount by raising the fork legs. It sure was a drag to have to re-lower the forks and take the link off. The geometry of the bike didn't seem to change and even the 1/3 of an inch or so that it came down made moving the bike while sitting on it much, much easier.

Also noteworthy is that Michele's is extended to 9.25" long and Soupy lists the safe limit at 9.5" long (center hole to center hole). So, she has her link very stretched out and still no issues. The roads up here are not that great so it has seen a LOT of bumpy action. I inspect it often and have re-torqued it twice since Papageno had his fail.

Also noteworthy is that Michele's is extended to 9.25" long and Soupy lists the safe limit at 9.5" long (center hole to center hole). So, she has her link very stretched out and still no issues. The roads up here are not that great so it has seen a LOT of bumpy action. I inspect it often and have re-torqued it twice since Papageno had his fail.

Mine is extended to 9" and like you Eric, John inspects it after every ride & it still looks strong. I am very satisfied with it.
After Papageno's thread, I did get a bit freaked out, but have I've gotten over it now and have no concerns with the link.

Dud link.

I think papagenos link was a dud but I see now everyone that put one on there bike got a big scare and are keeping an eye on it. I keep an eye on my link too cause Soupy is right that Aluminium can fail easyer than Steel. The threads on mine are 5/8 UNF which is about the best thread for this link and goes in about 1.3/8 inches. My Sprint car and Midget Rose Joints are from US ofcourse as Speedway here is really popular and last year a KIWI Midget came second at the Chilli bowl. Each time I hit a big bump I just keep my finges crossed that I dont have my own failure. I 5'6" and with my gel seat am on tiptoe at standard height but lowered am comfortable. :Rockon:

Back