The Beast Mod Thread

Going to have to look over this thread a few times before I do the FZ1N front conversion for sure. Also I really want that LED tail light..

06 12 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 Integrated Signal LED Tail Light 07 08 09 10 11 Y FZ1 C | eBay

I think I got free shipping on the one I ordered though. I went with the clear instead of the smoke, I think when it's all done, I will have most of the bike blacked out and the only shiny parts will be the front light and the tail light. I think it will tie things up nicely.

UPDATE 2-10-2013:

Well I finally did the electrical for the tail end today. I installed an Fz1 tail tidy with LED turn signals/license plate lights, I also got the matching LED turn signals for the front. I also installed the LED taillight with integrated turn signals in clear. I thought with the clear lenses in the back and clear lenses on the headlight would tie the bike together well.

View attachment 13188

View attachment 13186

I still need to figure out how I'm gonna do the wiring harness. I have the replacement one just sitting on my bed all separated out. I need to get some extra wire and I think I'll be able to get something nicely done. I like the exposed wire hanging in the front because it looks street brawler-ish.

I still think powder coating the rear hangers and rear sets black will be one of my final moves, as well as that black stainless steel GPR slip on. :smokin2:

View attachment 13187

It sucks, I lost one of my jobs, so I have to be smart about money until I get something else going again. :banghead:

Ok, updates

I finally got the second wiring harness chopped up and put on the bike. My previous job of leaving the stock wiring harness had led to a short and blown fuse. I ended up paying the guy at the shop to do to it because he said he loved doing electrical and quite honestly the wiring harness was laying on my bed for 2 weeks of me looking at it, just wondering what I should do. He used all sorts of connectors, that if I had paid retail for would have been around $30-40 just for that. I was only charged for 1 hour of labor at $80. He did chop off the Euro plug but all in all the mating job with the 2nd harness produced the same result. the 2 relays tuck nicely up into the cover for the back of the instrument cluster.

View attachment 13272 View attachment 13273

My only complaint is there has been an awful vibration noise when I ride now. I think it's the turn signal plugs vibrating in their brackets. I purchased some windshield silicone sealant to try to fill in around the plug and the bracket to see if it kills the noise.

I would definitely recommend getting a second harness to butcher, it made things a lot easier. If you're not electrical minded like me, I'd guess it'd take about 3-5 hours to plan, cut and solder all the wires down to fit behind the headlight. You can order a new one for I think around $90 (the part number is 3C3-84359-10-00, just a note that on your stock wiring harness it doesn't have the last 2 digits). I bought mine used for $50 and spend $80 for the labor (they did not charge for shop supplies which was I think 15 connectors that were listed for 1.39 on eastern beaver motorsports, and $20 to buy a soldering iron)

Last edited:
Well I have had a busy 18 hours.

I got home last night and was just going to do an oil change and spark plug swap for iridium plugs. Probably finish it off with a throttle body sync. Oh and I had new black grips to install with new bar ends.

Instead I find a nail in my rear tire as I finishing up the oil change.

View attachment 14383

I spent the next 45 minutes calling every shop I could to find tires at a reasonable price. I wanted the Pilot Power 3 and they are relatively new I the market. I found a set at Cycle Gear and they only price match to local dealers in stock and wanted like 40 more per tire. Finally I got ahold of The Helmet Center in north Phoenix. They had a set and were only 30$ more than the Internet and I could get them in time for my ride on Saturday.

I went ahead with the spark plug change and it was a nightmare. My hands are too big and I definitely marked up the plug caps taking them off and putting them on. I didn't get to the throttle body sync due to excision.

Today turned into an adventure.
I drove 40 miles to pick up the tires. Took them and my second set of rims to the shop to be mounted. I found that there is a bend in the rim that the shop can't fix the night before and had been trying to call Dave at Fast Track to see if he could fix it. Anyway I was all bummed and taking the black rims home when dave calls and tells me he fix my wheel today but he is out in east Mesa. So I'm back in the car for a 25 mile trip.

I drop the wheel off and he has it done 45 minutes later. I run the fixed rim back to the shop. I need to leave the bike at the shop now and get to work. I bum a ride from the parts guy back to my house. Did I mention I am riding b!tch on it with no gear. Beggars can't be choosers and I have to get to work. He drops me off I gingerly ride the bike to the shop and the nail is still in it only losing a little air. I hop back in my car and jet to work.

I will post pictures later with the finished product. I'm looking forward to it because I'm one step close to having my bike blacked out

Does anyone else feel like motorcycling is close to having a drug habit. I'm contemplating getting rid of my car but it saved me today.

Back