Testing Top Speed FZ1

Good stuff, excellent video.
Makes my decision to go 16T front and 47T rear look like a good one.
I still have a theoretical top speed of 267 KPH which I will never see due to the aero dynamics of my naked FZ1.

153.2 seems slow for the 1000. I have seen 160 MPH indicated on mine (FZ-1) in TX, and there was still more throttle to give. Top speed is fun, but it's too risky for license and life. Even the Autobahn is getting regulated in most areas to sub-sonic speeds. SUCKS!

i've seen 171mph (275.19 Kph) on my speedo..............admittedly it was on a dyno, no way i could hang on to it with my diminutive stature at the speed...was bad enough at 151mph (243kph)!

I hit 153 tracked with garmin gps just to get it out of my system. That fast in a straight line just isn't fun
cc092306-ef56-6db5.jpg

This video probably depicts the best "real" test of the bike, with a rider, in the real world. However, a bike at that speed is like a bullet, it doesn't move laterally very well, if at all. Consequently, it any of those cars had decided to change lanes as he was approaching, he'd be hamburger spread all over the road. I've done it, once, many years ago, at night on I-75 when there was no traffic. When I looked at the speedo as I was hugging the tank, and it read about 162, I had this feeling "what would happen if a deer decided to spring out in front of me? Never done it again, maybe why I've been able to ride for another 27 years.

I have seen 163 on the speedo... wonder what that would be on GPS? I will have to get one and find out...you know not that I really want to go that fast again.:sinister:

I did 152 on the FZ and had more to go but decided that was enuff

Nice man!!!
I am looking at doing "The Texas Mile" this summer but I also found an almost perfect stretch of road that is about 2 to 2 1/2 miles from my house. It has a slight veer to the road but the good thing is that it is basically a giant dip. This allows you to make a run to check the road (Rocks, police, etc). Then turn around and make your 150mph run. It will allow me to see if anyone is coming and it's a pretty nice view. LOL Too bad I will be going so fast - I think I will miss out on some of the scenery. :D

Are we just limited to those speeds because it's considered a standard/naked bike? I mean comon 600 go faster than that, suzuki, honda, kawasaki, all the 600 sportbikes. I guess since we have an upright seating position we're not allowed to go faster, not that 154 isn't fast lol.

Are we just limited to those speeds because it's considered a standard/naked bike? I mean comon 600 go faster than that, suzuki, honda, kawasaki, all the 600 sportbikes. I guess since we have an upright seating position we're not allowed to go faster, not that 154 isn't fast lol.

There is no limiter built into the bike other than aerodynamic drag. Our upright windscreen and seating position don't allow for much more speed. However, modified FZ1s will hit low 160s MPH with the additional 15-20 HP on tap.

Back