• yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • it may be a possibility

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After riding with tank grips, they are the very first thing I put on a new bike. Once you've used them, you'll never want to ride without them. I use the TechSpec ones. I had some issues with the adhesive separating from the grip itself. I sent them some pictures and they sent me a new set no questions asked. They have excellent customer service and I will always go back to them.

The main reason I put TechSpec Grips on was the previous owner had scuffed the tank, so used them to cover the marks, I like the look of them and had no issues, only a little fiddly to line up both sides the same

Can some of you guys post pictures of your TechSpec grips?

I'd like to get an idea of sizing on the tank per different models - I have *almost* bought a tank grip many different times.

The techspec snake skin ones are too thick and have rough edges which will bruise your legs if you ride in anything else that motorcycle pants and do wheelies or hard braking

TechSpec

I'm not sure I can recommend TechSpec. 5 years ago the Snakeskin was good. The rubber was softer, the edges less abrupt, and the two layers were properly bonded. Yes, they are fairly well cut, and look good. But the grip surface lets go from the sticky surface EXTREMELY easily. In fact so easy that I first thought I was peeling off the protection layer from the sticky surface when in fact I was separating the grip from the sticky bit.
Yes, the customer support sent me new ones, but just as bad as the old ones. I first thought they had a bad batch, but it seems to be a production problem.
I'll probably order a set of C3:s , which are softer, grippier than snakeskin, spongier and won't bruise my legs. The slight sponginess of the C3 will probably accumulate rainwater more than the plasticky snakeskin

Snakeskin is the thickest at .125"

View attachment 21707

C3 is .100"

View attachment 21708

High Fusion is the thinnest at .035"

View attachment 21709

Back