Sync Time

Well I have almost 14K on the clock now and I am noticing some more vibes than normal.. I think it is time to do a sync..

Motion Pro - Syncpro Carb Tuner

Is that a good tool? I really don't feel like doing this to be honest but my #4 header is turning blue and the others are not. So I know one is way out of wack.

That's the one I have, it's a great tool, just be sure to cap it every time, and keep it inside. :) otherwise you'll have to order the rebuild fluid kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The motion pro MAY be slightly more accurate, but it's a real pain in the butt. The fluid evaporates and can be sucked in if you rev the motor. The Morgan carbtune uses steel rods so its durable, maintenance/worry free.

Thanks guys, looks like I am going to order the CarbTune tonight. I have spark plugs in the mail and smog blockoffs to do as well. I can make a project out of it all.

Don't buy that crap. Get the Carbtune! I have the Motion Pro and it has let the fluid suck in thrice even after warming up the bike and NOT revving the motor. Whats the point of not being able to check the syn after you rev the bike????? You can have mine for free if you can fix it... what a POS...

I have the carbtune. I am also considering making the extensions and labeling them so they are easier to get to. Getting to the screws? PITA x 100!!!

Also, remember to NEVER touch screw #3. That is your baseline and should never be adjusted.

You need to touch the #3 to adjust it to 22 Hg-cm if you eventually run out of adjustment threads on others over successive syncs. That has been my experience.

Best way to tune is to screw all in and screw the #3 out 1 turn. With 1 turn it exactly sets at 22 factory setting which means the manual is correct. Adjust others accordingly now. Ofcourse do this at around 140F; beyond that all the reading and the idle goes whack!!!

Back