Sympathy for our southern state riders

# two

I am feeling bad for all the southern state riders and everyone else who doesn't have the luxury of a long long cold winter. What do they do? just ride all year? That must be awful. I just wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to all of you who don't have to, I mean get to put up your bikes for what feels like at least a year at a time.

Yeah if I lived in the south I'd end up forking out cash for 4 sets of tires a year instead of 3. Boy i'am lucky to be in the North:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hop on a plane and go to a place with good snow once or twice a year to ski. Winter Park the week of Christmas this year, and in late March it will probably be southern Colorado to hit Wolf Creek Pass. It all depends on who has the most snow.

In the winter I hit the gym and get ready for track season, that begins in...February. :)

It's hit or miss for me in north central Texas. Today it was in the 70's, no wind and blue sky so I jumped on the Tenere. I think it's suppost to be nice through the weekend but it could be back in the 30's before ya know it. At least when your snow melts it'll nice where your at and it'll be a hundred and fricken ten degrees here.

Rode in to work this morning on the Vmax (had to jump start it, hasn't been ridden for about 4 weeks...too much FZ seat time).
A bit chilly...68 degrees......it's 73 now and will be 77 on the way home.

Thats Florida.....next week the ride will be about 66 in to work and about 83 home.....can't complain.............

And I only ride to work once a week.........well maybe twice....weathers gotta be great though..........

Spoiled....YES

I hop on a plane and go to a place with good snow once or twice a year to ski. Winter Park the week of Christmas this year, and in late March it will probably be southern Colorado to hit Wolf Creek Pass. It all depends on who has the most snow.

In the winter I hit the gym and get ready for track season, that begins in...February. :)

Wolf Creek ALWAYS gets the most! They are in the part that seems to get hit every year...ahhh, nothing like a fresh foot of powder!

It has been in the 60's and 70's here in Louisiana. I tell you guys, it sure has been tough riding day in and day out. If only I could get a 2-3 month break from riding. I am jealous of you guys up north.

It has been in the 60's and 70's here in Louisiana. I tell you guys, it sure has been tough riding day in and day out. If only I could get a 2-3 month break from riding. I am jealous of you guys up north.

See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Us lucky ones up here in the snow need to come up with a plan, some type of exchange so these poor guys don't have to ride all year 'round.

Wolf Creek ALWAYS gets the most! They are in the part that seems to get hit every year...ahhh, nothing like a fresh foot of powder!

Now that is true! We used to go skiing in Wolfe Creek when I was a kid and I remember it snowing so hard that I couldn't see a few feet in front of me.
Now that I'm in Texas - I'm actually riding my bike everyday now. Aside from a few days that I froze my ass off...it hasn't been too bad.

i live right next to a ski hill, and i don't really even ski, it looks a little deadly, Granit Peak hear in wausau, wi. The top is like straight down.:nana:

Here in Utah we were having a fairly mild and dry winter till I brought the FZ1 home.
If I bought a snowmobile it wouldn't snow for a year, Go figure...

I just won a nice set of ski's off ebay, now i just need to find some boots in my size,12 or mondo 30. Any one got boot in that size they don't want any more? I'm a little freaked out, is been years and years since i've gone down hill sking. :shoot:

Back