surging

AW, one thing I have noticed is a physical kink in the fuel line from stock. Each time I lift the tank, I cringe at the sight of the line. I'll have to grab a pic when I lift the tank.... But, I am unsure if that is part of the problem as I believe if the kink is an issue, then it would be more pronounced at higher RPMs???

I still need to get a sync tool and sync the throttle bodies and I am also close to replacing the plugs. So, I'll get a set of Graves AIS plates along with a sync tool and get all that done at the same time. Next spring, the FIRST thing I want is a PC. III or V is still out for question. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Ed, I rotated mine a couple degrees some time ago and while it's not completely resolved, it is better than before. I suspect I'll need a new TPS if this one wears in at the new setting though. About $110 for one online. Maybe though, if enough people complain to Yamaha, they might issue a recall on it. They did on the FZ6 models. :D

Eric i was just wondering if you ever did get a new TPS and if so did the surge go completely??
I have done EVERYTHING i think to get rid of the surge but, it still there
Replaced the fuel line, it was kinked and with the new the bike runs better altogether, sprayed every electrical plug with WD40 and move the TPS as copperdog did but no luck, its still there:(
contacted a local yam dealer to see if there had been any recalls but no luck there. They said to replace the TPS was £125 aprox $167 and there are 2 tps ??
so why has no-one connected the other TPS to the problem ?

Cheers Dave

Eric i was just wondering if you ever did get a new TPS and if so did the surge go completely??
I have done EVERYTHING i think to get rid of the surge but, it still there
Replaced the fuel line, it was kinked and with the new the bike runs better altogether, sprayed every electrical plug with WD40 and move the TPS as copperdog did but no luck, its still there:(
contacted a local yam dealer to see if there had been any recalls but no luck there. They said to replace the TPS was £125 aprox $167 and there are 2 tps ??
so why has no-one connected the other TPS to the problem ?

Cheers Dave

Hey Dave. My problem is greatly reduced but still there however, what is left is now, what I believe, a fuel issue. I do not have a Power Commander and sincerely believe that this will resolve any remaining issue.

I did rotate the TPS and did not replace it. There are two, in a sense. One is the actual TPS that communicates the throttle position to the ECU. The other one is a TPS servo that positions the sub-throttle plates based on what the ECU receives from the actual TPS.

Hope that helps! :tup:

-Eric

I still need to get a sync tool and sync the throttle bodies

This is what got rid of the surging for me. Well almost entirely. It is still perceptible but faint. Basically after doing the air intake mods you get different airflows in the tubes than stock. The sensor see to much or to little then adjust then the other two have the same problem. Wash rinse repeat.

This is what got rid of the surging for me. Well almost entirely. It is still perceptible but faint. Basically after doing the air intake mods you get different airflows in the tubes than stock. The sensor see to much or to little then adjust then the other two have the same problem. Wash rinse repeat.

WASH,RINSE, REPEAT what ???

Had my bike to a dyno tuner yesterday and he spent a good 4 hrs on the bike, TB were sucking air in from somewhere and were never balanced properly, he fixed that and then went on to custom map it. The bike runs brill and i got 110 miles b4 the trip came on (normally 90 max) and power is great but still surges.

Mine is just in forth gear but you can feel it all the way through that gear at any revs as long as you hold the throttle steady, He tried running extreme rich and lean maps but no joy, and it also does it when the pc is not even connected. Im thinking this has got to be something to do with trimming down my flies as this was the last mod i did and had now probs b4 that :surrender:

Back