supercharged fz1

part 2

I had a few teething problem with the set up from the tts super charger kit.
I had belt slip issue which made power unreliable which ment I had to run the belt over tight to try and keep power up and consistent which made fuel issues and wore the pully bearing.
doh.
but I think we have nailed it now, we have changed to the gsxr toothed proven system so power is the same every time now which has put power up to 224 to the wheel and 110 torque,
it changed things so much that the old feul set up was running lean as hell,
the original injectors can only just cope now and are maxed out really now.
it now pulls and make as much power from 4k as the none charged motor use to make at its old peek,
lifts in the first 4 gears with ease and makes like 140hp at less than half throttle ,
its not all of a sudden power (unless you go wot) like a turbo ,it pulls like a train and is very usable, u would take a 300+ hp turbo bike by suprise with his lag and sudden power band,
it also so super smooth all the way to red line in top, I think I will take a few teeth off the rear sprocket now to spread the gears more.
it has taken about a year or so of road testing to get it to perfection , trust me im fussy ,and Im a few hours ride from tts and we made a few changes from the first set up.
it was worth the effort I think any one who get the convertion done will happy with there new beast as i would say all of the teething problems are over .
richard is good dyno operator who knows his stuff on superchargers like no other, thanks to him for sticking with it.
u want fz1 maddness heres your man.

Attachments

• 20150219_194518.jpg
    20150219_194518.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 327
Was I that obvious? lol

photo.jpg

The piping is at the powder coater's and the pulleys are being plated.
I prefer the STEALTH look.

My TTS "bits" should be heading my way, by Wednsday.

Last edited:
Was I that obvious? lol

View attachment 22031

The piping is at the powder coater's and the pulleys are being plated.
I prefer the STEALTH look.

My TTS "bits" should be heading my way, by Wednsday.
NICE IBC !! you might want your old front rim back good for you man have fun did i ever tell you that your invited over my house anytime and you can ride ANY of my bikes . Lol

Back