Stock mufler protector repair?

Has anyone repaired one?
What material is it?
Where can i find the color code?

Thanks in advance!!!

As you can see that part is removable.You should be able to take it off the muffler so you can properly remove the dents. I have never checked it, but it appears to be thin steel (use a magnet and see it it sticks). As for color you may have to take that part with you to the store and buy a spray paint that closely matches it. And by the way I believe that there are aftermarket replacement parts in carbon fiber for that section. Might be worth looking into it.

It is removable, and you may be able to find just that piece for cheap, but you could also work the dent out, and find a engine paint to repaint it, since it's a heat shield it does get hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I removed the piece and took opinions from two local paintshops.
They both told me that the material is pretty hard and requires lot of work with doubtful results (smoothness,colour).

So I decided to leave the repair for now and check for some used parts.

Thanks guys!

I removed the piece and took opinions from two local paintshops.
They both told me that the material is pretty hard and requires lot of work with doubtful results (smoothness,colour).

So I decided to leave the repair for now and check for some used parts.

Well that part is sold by itself, but it's quite pricey. Here in the US it's part number 2D1-14718-10-00 and retails for $217.91 :eek5::jaw drop::wtf:
Trying to find it used sounds like the way to go!

Back