Stock can

Well, I just ordered the P4 tip for the Two Bros... it is the slammest tip I can get and claims it will not be louder than 99 db. Stock is 97 db. They also say \"Power loss is minimal\" so I'm not sure what that means.... ;) What to THEY deem \"minimal\" anyway? I look at it this way though... regardless, I still got rid of nearly 12 lbs swapping out for a Two Bros. :tup:

Interesting claim at 99db's. Not too loud, but loud enough to enjoy. Please let us know how it all works out and if the exhaust sounds as good as they claim.

You might be in the minority, but you are probably one of the very few who are "street legal" and the sound level of the exhaust is only one facet of changing the intake/exhaust. It also changes the fueling characteristics and with that the emissions (CO,CO2, etc.). I changed mine to a MIVV Suono and to be absolutely honest, it's too loud and I have to watch it when I'm in an urban area. The stocker is a lot heavier than the MIVV but I'd bet my manliness that the stock muffler will outlast any aftermarket by a long way. The titanium and carbon in the suono might have 3-4 years of good use then it'll be time to replace it. I suppose if a rider only puts a couple thousand miles a year on his bike, an aftermarket pipe or can will last longer but I've had at least ten that started to look pretty bad after only three or four years and usually finish was the first to go. Finally, there isn't anyone I know that can outride the performance of a stock FZ1 on the street. The aftremarket stuff is mainly for show and the wannabe's and I include myself in that category. My stock muffler is still sitting in the shed next to all the stock parts I took off and no doubt will find it's way back on when the stuff I paid a fortune for goes south. Ride that thing and enjoy whatever makes you smile.

You might be in the minority, but you are probably one of the very few who are \\"street legal\\" and the sound level of the exhaust is only one facet of changing the intake/exhaust. It also changes the fueling characteristics and with that the emissions (CO,CO2, etc.). I changed mine to a MIVV Suono and to be absolutely honest, it's too loud and I have to watch it when I'm in an urban area. The stocker is a lot heavier than the MIVV but I'd bet my manliness that the stock muffler will outlast any aftermarket by a long way. The titanium and carbon in the suono might have 3-4 years of good use then it'll be time to replace it. I suppose if a rider only puts a couple thousand miles a year on his bike, an aftermarket pipe or can will last longer but I've had at least ten that started to look pretty bad after only three or four years and usually finish was the first to go. Finally, there isn't anyone I know that can outride the performance of a stock FZ1 on the street. The aftremarket stuff is mainly for show and the wannabe's and I include myself in that category. My stock muffler is still sitting in the shed next to all the stock parts I took off and no doubt will find it's way back on when the stuff I paid a fortune for goes south. Ride that thing and enjoy whatever makes you smile.

Well...when your titanium exhaust "wears out" let me know. I'll have to call NASA and tell them to throw all their worn out titanium out as well just in case.

In addition to that, if you don't know anyone that can out ride a stock FZ1...you need to meet more people.

The aftremarket stuff is mainly for show and the wannabe's and I include myself in that category.

That might be the case for you but it certainly is not the case for everyone, including me. The weight savings and rear wheel power increases on my FZ1 are real, measurable quantities that I prefer, use, and don't mind paying and tuning to have.

Generalizations are tricky--"show" has little relative importance to me.

Cheers!

I have to agree with WarBaby. I didn't buy the Two Brothers to be loud and obnoxious. I want my neighbors to continue to like me. ;)

I bought it mostly for the weight savings which, in turn, gave me a better power to weight ratio, thus resulting in a few more HP.

Mods are a personal choice to make your bike unique and appealing to yourself. No offense, but I could care less what anyone else thinks of my bike, my mods or my ability to use them.

To each their own. Ride often... ride safe!

since we're talking about exhausts

Is it safe to say that if I'm going to order the yoshimura slip on that I should also get the Power Commander III? Or will I be ok to be without the PC III till so I can save up a little then get it later?

As I said when I introduced myself I'm not very knowledable when it comes to exhaust systems.

I did not get a power commander when I put on the Two Bros. But, you may want to consider the AIS hose blockoff. This is a hose attached to the bottom of the air box that feeds fresh air to the exhaust to aid in combusting excess fuel at the CAT. If you simply install the exhaust, then there will be a lot of loud popping and grugling on decel. Blocking this hose will greatly reduce that.

Back