Stainless Steel Brake Lines -The Best Ones

Does anyone know the brake line length for both sides? How about the orientation of the banjo fittings? Are they both on the same plane or is one side turned 90 degrees from the other ends? Also what about bends on the banjo fittings on master cylinder or caliper side?
The Brembo model master is an M10x1.0 thread pitch.
Right now the lines from my FZR are 26-1/4" and 28-1/2" short and longer sides. Banjos are rotated 90 degrees from each other and don't exactly fit correctly without twisting them a little too much..
I am using 2004 R1 mono block calipers and a 2006 radial master on my old dinosaur FZR1000. Trying to get standard brake line lengths to fit this older bike. I think the calipers are the same as the FZ1??
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I fitted Goodridge as I could get a stock configuration and custom length for the top line at a very good price. Feel good, look good so far, good customer support.

How are the brake lines going Blanchy, thinking of replacing the standard ones, haven't decided which ones to buy yet . like the idea of the standard setup so can attach them neatly otherwise most likely go with Venhill {race style} little concerned how to attach them,I would doubt if you could bend the hose enough to use the bottom fixing grommets? I used Hel before and had to replace one of the hoses as the banjos did not line up very well and after I tighten them up, one began to leak were it fitted to the line. Had it replaced not problem but had to wait a couple of weeks for the new line to turn up.

I've got HEL race lines and have no issues. I've bought them for a few of my bikes and they all worked well and fitted up fine.
They come with the grommet attached to them so yes, they do fit the stock mounting on the fork leg.

How are the brake lines going Blanchy, thinking of replacing the standard ones, haven't decided which ones to buy yet . like the idea of the standard setup so can attach them neatly otherwise most likely go with Venhill {race style} little concerned how to attach them,I would doubt if you could bend the hose enough to use the bottom fixing grommets? I used Hel before and had to replace one of the hoses as the banjos did not line up very well and after I tighten them up, one began to leak were it fitted to the line. Had it replaced not problem but had to wait a couple of weeks for the new line to turn up.

No problems at all. Recently fitted a rear one was a bitch to bleed though.

No problems at all. Recently fitted a rear one was a bitch to bleed though.

Thank`s, I am not going to worry about the rear line, done this before and preferred the standard line, found it a bit too touchy, Good to know Ballmead the race lines attach to the front wheel mounts. I like the way the Venhill banjos screw on so you can get the angles right also can extend them if you get different bars/risers . But if you know of some good deals on braided lines I am still open to Hel etc :rolleyes:

Just contacted Hel in QLD, race ones [with grommets] $120 plus $10 express shipping, Venhill [with grommets] are $129 + $10 shipping so it`s looking like it will be between these two, both in Australia so that's a plus

I have Hel lines, no issues other than they aren't pivoting ends which made it challenging to mount the Brembo calipers with the Banjo bolts at a different angle. If I ever replace them, I'll get pivoting banjos.

Fisherman, I've got a new set of Goodridge original style front and rear hoses if you are interested. I'm sure I can do an unbeatable price for you. They are black with black ends.

Back