Stainless Steel Brake Lines -The Best Ones

Liter Machine

My question is everyone! Which manufacturer of Stainless Steel Brake Lines are the best on the market? There are so many companies who produce them, and I'm looking to buy front and rear lines for my 2003 Bumblebee, just looking for some input!

Cheers

My question is everyone! Which manufacturer of Stainless Steel Brake Lines are the best on the market? There are so many companies who produce them, and I'm looking to buy front and rear lines for my 2003 Bumblebee, just looking for some input!

Cheers

When you ask a question like this you'll get many answers. I don't know that there is just one brand that is the "best". SS brake lines have been around for a while and they are not that complicated. Personally I have HEL lines on both of my bikes and they look/fit great...

When you ask a question like this you'll get many answers. I don't know that there is just one brand that is the "best". SS brake lines have been around for a while and they are not that complicated. Personally I have HEL lines on both of my bikes and they look/fit great...

I can appreciate what your saying and your opinion! I'm just overwhelmed by friends who ride where I live so I thought I would put it out there on the forums!

Thanks

I can appreciate what your saying and your opinion! I'm just overwhelmed by friends who ride where I live so I thought I would put it out there on the forums!

Just get a known brand and you'll be just fine. Like NJFZ1 says, there's not a lot to them.

What do your friends do that overwhelm you?

Just get a known brand and you'll be just fine. Like NJFZ1 says, there's not a lot to them.

What do your friends do that overwhelm you?

They are all telling me to get what they got on their bikes, "it's the best the others are crap!" I guess it's just a childish pissing contest! lol,lol,lol

I really dont think there is a whole lot of difference in the different brands.I have spieglers and they work fine but I would not use them again customer service was crap and the anodized ends have faded badly and they have only been on this season.

I use HEL lines as well, and for me it was the service and choices in line and end combinations made the choice easy. After 3 seasons there is no signs of corrosion or color fading on the ends.

If you want something different and money is no object check out Fren Tubo Lines from Italy. PJ's parts carries them and his customer service is excellent! Fren Tubo Brake Lines for Yamaha, PJ's Parts

I've had a few over the years.

Galfers: Rust on the banjos, Galfer was great about replacing them but the replacements rusted too.

Russell from Yamaha: Okay, odd fit, typical terrible Yamaha customer service, but they are cheap!

Fren Tubo: Very nice quality, can get them custom made, wait time is about 2 to 3 weeks, PJ is very nice to deal with. The drawback is the rather large junction block which can lead to odd fitting. Requires creative fitting solutions at times. Not inexpensive.

Spiegler: Outstanding lines, very good fit, small junction block, not inexpensive

The lines I liked the very best were the custom made I ones I had done in LA about 25 years ago. The dude measured, cut, picked the best fittings and installed them for me. I think the cost was all of $55.00. I've not found any other place that makes them on the spot like that.

Id go for HEL or Goodrich but i did look into HEL this week for mine,being an ABS model there are 8 lines at £26.00 a lint,OUCH.
I wouldnt bother witht he rear break as i only use it in arse nipping situations.
i dont know if i can justify spending £174.00 approx just to buy the front lines and then have to pay for the fitting.
I did replace the lines on my R6 but couldnt really feel any difference.

I note you guys all mention a make and there short comings but do they make a real difference ??

Yes. You don't know how squishy your brakes really are until you replace the lines. I noticed right away. I purchased HEL, about two years ago now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You don't know how squishy your brakes really are until you replace the lines. I noticed right away. I purchased HEL, about two years ago now.

That is the truth!

I had SS lines installed on a couple cars, the difference was very noticeable too.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

I have Goodrich on both my bikes, not expensive and work great.
All plated banjos will corode after time...unless you clean them regularly and wax them.

X2 on the waxing the banjo bolts. I think it's why I don't have any issues, I wax the bike frequently and always hit those with some.

So, no one with HEL or Speigler has any rust issues? I've been eyeing both companies and based on prior threads I've tossed the thought of Galfers.

Based on this thread alone, seems like a HEL of a choice! :D

Back