Spies is gone from Yamaha

KNEEDOWN69

Cant say i didnt see it coming, Spies has been well below par and now Yamaha have given him & his team the boot. Rumour has it that Rossi will be back in the factory garage throwing handbags at Lorenzo:box:.

Dont know how true it is but I read one comment that says he has signed for BMW in World Superbikes next to Marco Melandri

Cant say i didnt see it coming, Spies has been well below par and now Yamaha have given him & his team the boot. Rumour has it that Rossi will be back in the factory garage throwing handbags at Lorenzo:box:.

it was my understanding that Yamaha was blindsided by the tweets, that Spies is the one leaving... guess we won't know until the "official" word comes out

I read today on twitter that the Yamaha ride is Rossis if he can pay for it himself through big sponsorship deals.

The BMW doesn't seem to suit Haslam he has been much better on a Suzuki and Honda.

I read today on twitter that the Yamaha ride is Rossis if he can pay for it himself through big sponsorship deals.

The BMW doesn't seem to suit Haslam he has been much better on a Suzuki and Honda.

Rossi has lost a lot of cred over the last 1 1/2yrs at Ducati but i dont feel sorry for the guy as he seems to be his own worst enemy. Motogp isnt all about one rider and unfortunately Dorma has bent and twisted things to suit there golden boy over the yrs and it seems they have twisted Yamaha for Rossi to return to the factory squad. Lets face it Lorenzo will make him look silly and the Ducati will come good next yr with a young hungry rider with nothing to lose.

As for Spies, a top WSB ride is the way to go imo. Motogp it is all about qualifiying, pint-size riders, setting consistant laps & electronics nowdays.. boring racing.

Last edited:
Rossi has lost a lot of cred over the last 1 1/2yrs at Ducati but i dont feel sorry for the guy as he seems to be his own worst enemy. Motogp isnt all about one rider and unfortunately Dorma has bent and twisted things to suit there golden boy over the yrs and it seems they have twisted Yamaha for Rossi to return to the factory squad. Lets face it Lorenzo will make him look silly and the Ducati will come good next yr with a young hungry rider with nothing to lose.

As for Spies, a top WSB ride is the way to go imo. Motogp it is all about qualifiying, pint-size riders, setting consistant laps & electronics nowdays.. boring racing.

I totally agree, in my opinion WSBK is a much better championship than Motogp.

I totally agree, in my opinion WSBK is a much better championship than Motogp.

MotoGP hasn't been the same since the demise of the 500cc 2-stroke bikes.

I understand why they wanted to go away from the 2-stroke technology, but I still miss those bikes :(

Motogp it is all about qualifiying, pint-size riders, setting consistant laps & electronics nowdays.. boring racing.

you forgot the drag race to the first turn too...

seems rarely any more that it's a race to the end (with exceptions of course).

We've been lucky they've been showing some of the AMA races here now, I'm looking forward to getting to some of them next year.

As fasr as I know Lorenzo's contract states there is no room for Rossi on the second bike.

I don't know where you got that from.
Lorenzo has recently stated that he would like to see Rossi back in the factory team.
Lorenzo isn't scared of him and would love to show everyone just how good he is by beating Rossi on the same equipment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The guys during the last WSBK race were saying that BMW was changing the team to be an Italian based team & that Haslam and Milandri hate each other.............

Have to wonder if Spies is thinking too much out there. He takes the lead, then goes in too hot and too wide. Or, He wrecks untouched because of braking in turn or throttle control issues......... Or, He pulls up braking too soon and gets passed, etc etc. Appear like mental mistakes that are correctable with him on a good bike. Can he have ADD?? It's like he is 2 different riders out there, sometimes.

The guys during the last WSBK race were saying that BMW was changing the team to be an Italian based team & that Haslam and Milandri hate each other.............

Yeah the BMW factory team will be no more this year and they will give Factory Support to the BMW Italia team with Melandri as one of the riders. The company that run the BMW Italia team is the same company the ran the Ducati team when it was a "factory team" so they have a fair few titles to their name.

I don't know where you got that from.
Lorenzo has recently stated that he would like to see Rossi back in the factory team.
Lorenzo isn't scared of him and would love to show everyone just how good he is by beating Rossi on the same equipment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rumour has it the deal is signed & done with Yamaha but nobody is saying anything yet. IMO i think lorenzo will make mince meat of Rossi, to me Rossi has lost that 5% of natural pace. I will be interesting to watch how it all plays out with Spies, i still feel behind the untouchable aliens he is the best of the rest and can scrap for 3-4th with Dovi & co.

Back