Speedo Healer

I just ordered and installed a SpeedoDRD from motomummy and it was a breeze to install and program. And it was $70 shipped to my door. It does everything the SpeedoHealer does as far as I know. I haven't have it long but if it keeps working as well as it seems to so far then I'm gonna be ok with it. Worth considering, in my opinion.

I have the Speedohealer, from what I have read about the SpeedoDRD on the forums, I should have bought it and saved about $40, it seems to be just as good.

Adjusting the speedohealer is easy. Getting the exact correction is the hardest task. Use a GPS to verify your calibration. I first put in a -4% correction, then kept increasing it until my Speedometer matched my GPS exactly. I ended up with -8% correction (with stock gearing).

Now that I have installed the 16 tooth gear, and a brand new set of Avon Storm II's, I have a -13% correction.

Last edited:
I also have a SpeedoHealer and I'm very happy with it.
It is really easy to adjust, just go to the SpeedoHealer website, generate and then follow the instructions.

I had a speedohealer on my 06 fz1 it was very easy to install and calibrate via the website for the speedohealer I always set it with a gps at 70mph and it was perfect.

I just got my Healer, I'm 5 mph slow in real time so is this -5% I take it a % is 1 MPH

not exactly. It's a percentage not a linear function. example: 5mph error at 50mph = 10%,,,, 5mph error at 100mph = 5%,,, so it depends on how fast you are going when you have this 5mph error.

MPH error / speedo reading * 100 = %error

I want to get the SpeedoDRD to adjust my speedo readings, I'm 8.5% off.

I'm an old schooler and more comfortable with mechanical things than electronic. Where is the speed sensor connector located on a Gen II? Can I access it from the seat area? Anyone have a pic or two?

I know the SpeedoDRD plugs in-line with the sensor but don't know where the sensor connector is located.

Thanks.

Just to clarify something about speedo correction: Most, if not all bikes that I've seen have configured speedometer to read 5-10% too high intentionally. While the speed might read high, I have found that the mileage is almost always spot-on. Again, this is intentional. My 919 reads speed around 9% high but the odometer is within 1% of a GPS, for example

Using a device like the SpeedoDRD will correct your speed but then cause your odometer to read that amount too slowly now.

Just an FYI in case people were unaware. Correct me if I'm wrong, please :)

With the Healer I'm spot on in MPH, Butt, the miles is off. I think it's short 7 pre 100 miles if I remember corectly. I need to check it again and try and split it.

Ordered a SpeedoDRD and have my % off based on GPS; 8.5% mph and 2.7% odo.

Now I just have to find out where Yamaha has hidden the sensor connector on a 2012 Gen 2. I searched and looked at the pictures from FZ01a and nothing matches the 2012. I can't find it so if any of you can point me in the right direction I surely would appreciate it.

Some one finally verified that the sensor connector is under the tank and included a picture. I didn't feel like disassembling the whole bike to find the connector.

Back