So i think i have found one any thoughts?

he said he will take 5000 cash. It has 9k miles and no mods and its an 08. Here is the link. Oh and he says it needs a front tire that's all.

2008 fz1

That looks like a decent deal on an '08. I say go for it. And you might as well replace the tires as a set (unless the rear is like new and you want to stick with that model).

he said he will take 5000 cash. It has 9k miles and no mods and its an 08. Here is the link. Oh and he says it needs a front tire that's all.

2008 fz1

Could be a great deal. Clear title, right? Test ride it first. Then if all good, do it. :)

But make sure you ride it. If the tyre needs replacing to be safe, insist on that happening before the deal.

Last edited:
Ya I would replace both I think I'm going to go test ride it today. What tires do you guys like to run? I used ride supermotos and I really liked pilot powers. And with the 5000 dollar price I have some wiggle room for mods. Fist will be naked conversion then a pipe. Thanks again for the help

Ya I would replace both I think I'm going to go test ride it today. What tires do you guys like to run? I used ride supermotos and I really liked pilot powers. And with the 5000 dollar price I have some wiggle room for mods. Fist will be naked conversion then a pipe. Thanks again for the help

I like my Michelin Pilot Road 3. I just swapped the rear after 5700 miles on it. Front is still good. Sticky on curves and great in wet weather.

Tires are very subjective. I suppose it all depends what type of riding you do. For aggressive street riding if you want a super sport tire it's hard to beat the Bridgestone BT-016's for the price...

I'm down here in Portland, and for as much rain as we get I got the pilot road 2 last year and have been extremely pleased. I heard the 3's were even better, don't think you can go wrong with either, good luck on your purchase!

So is there anything I should look for before the purchase? I have always had thumpers and I know how they should sound and run but 4 cylinders are totally new to me. From what i researched an fz1 is a pretty solid machine. I doubt there would be anything wrong with only 9k miles. But with a thumper you can rebuild a top end for 500 bucks not a big deal dont think you can say the same for a fz1.

Last edited:
2008 fz1

Not a bad price. I'm in Dallas Texas and this past Saturday bought a 2009 FZ1, all stock, 10,680 miles, 1 owner (in his 50's like me). He listed it for 5400, I bought it for 5190. I also looked at a 2008 just like this one you posted. It was being sold by a dealer and they wouldn't budge on the $5995 price. I told them about this 2009 @ 5400 and the guy says with an attitude, "Well why don't you just go by that one then?" I said, "I'll do just that." I hopped in my truck and drove on over to look at this one. I didn't hesitate to buy it.

This is my second FZ1. I owned a 2001, which I loved. The ergo's on the 2009 are much more rider forward than the 2001. At least as I remember it. More of a difference than I thought it would be. But Yamaha's not trying to sell these bikes to old farts like me. So I get it.

My recommendation, buy it, ride it, love it.

excellent buy on the 09....i am in irving and have a tall tinted windscreen for it if you want it.....its free....come by sat. and we will slap it on.....

i will be home with my boy Sat....all day.....come over when you want....pretty sure this shield will fit.....Mike 972-333-1011....200 MacArthur Ct.......Irving....mapquest it..............I'm never going to use it....

So is there anything I should look for before the purchase? I have always had thumpers and I know how they should sound and run but 4 cylinders are totally new to me. From what i researched an fz1 is a pretty solid machine. I doubt there would be anything wrong with only 9k miles. But with a thumper you can rebuild a top end for 500 bucks not a big deal dont think you can say the same for a fz1.

FZ1's are a very solid unit. Engine based on the earlier R1. For something to be wrong in the top end some extreme abuse would be required. Check service history particularly oil and filter changes. However, best bet would be to make the sale pending the ok from a motorcycle mechanic. Clear title, of course. Good price in the US - almost double that here in Australia. I paid $10800 AUD for my 2009 FZ1N and that was a bargain (3000km). Cheers.

Back