Shorty exhaust??

Mine sounds great, at least I think so, and it isn't super loud until you crack open the throttle. It was a full length Akrapovic Titanium pipe for a 04 R1. I carefully removed the rivets, and cut the case, re arranged the packing and reassembled. The input connection on the pipe was a perfect fit for the stock header. Delkevic makes a good shorty as well as MIVV and GTYR. With some creative workmanship they can be made to fit without the midpipe. Good luck with the decision.

I was thinking about doing this exact thing. I have the MIVV and I was thinking about attaching it direct to the header w/ out the midpipe, I will try it!

I don't remember where I saw it but a guy bought a little pipe from an auto parts store and it fit perfect on his gen 2 without any cutting. It looked pretty good but I imagine it was insane loud.

this is what i did but i had my exhaust guy weld a baffle in it and it is crazy loud.... looks sick though really opened up the mid range too

hey speeddemon, can you get more pix? do u have a pic thread? I have a two bros I wanna do this to...

I wanna see the connection from the slipon the the header...

I wanna see the connection from the slipon the the header...

Here you go. I did heat the slipon and cool the header then used a rubber mallet to force the slip one down further on the header for a press fit and it worked very well. The gap from the weld to the slipon was there with the stock exhaust...I think. Either way after 600 miles I have not had leaks or any other problems Hope it helps. :tup:

Last edited:
much appreciated, sir! im gonna try this soon. I have a friend that works at a muffler shop so he can work that flange out. Im assuming u cut from the front part of the can?

Back