Sharing your space for the winter

Lets see, I have a Gold Wing parked next to a Triumph Speed Four which are in front of the wifes Can Am Spyder, then on the other side the FZ behind the Tenere. With everthing just right the wifes car fits just right. Of course it's musical motorcycles every time I go to get one out. Hadn't thought of stacking them, hmmm....

Tried something new this year to avoid the "musical motorcycles" routine... and it was actually my wife's suggestion. We cleared out the enclosed back porch and I have both bikes stored there now. Reasonably secure, and it almost qualifies as heated!

We need a new garage badly. I wanted to save up for it, but it's so bad, we'll have to bite the bullet and pay some interest on it. Luckily the wife has a Ninja 250r that she wants safe, warm and accessible, so it's a 3 car garage, 2 for the cars and 1 for the bikes. :) Gotta have something to keep the ally cats off the bikes and cars. :cuss: I can't trap them fast enough! :nothing:

Nicely stacked, BTW. Sometimes the car just has to sit out!

...Sometimes the car just has to sit out!

She would be fine with that as long as I'm home or awake to warm it up and brush off the snow, so I just make room it's only a few months. Right? Long horrible winter months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a decent size two car garage. I have four motorcycles and a couple of tool boxes, as well as a few bicycles. Seems like it would be easy to fit a car in there BUT the wife try's to stick what every thing she can in every available inch. So her car will remain outside.

Snuff nice line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to get a bit creative... the garage is 24' x 24' and my truck fills one bay. The other side is her car but it is a Yaris so it is small. My bike fits in the middle between the rear (we always back into the garage) of both vehicles and her FZ1 fits behind her car with room to spare. Next year, I am hoping to add on to the side of the garage by about 8' to 10' and the whole 24' long. Then I'll be able to move all the stuff into that area and when winter comes, load the bikes over there as well as the snowblower to give us plenty of space for the winter. Have to start looking at costs involved with that sort of project.

2 car garage. One car is outside, one in. But maybe the shelves in the front could be moved to accomodate the bike...since there is a ledge. Mountain bicycle hangs on wall.

For now, a car outside will be ok for winter as long as I live here and don't move. Probably still will get a larger garage with a new house in a couple years if I stay put in this area.

2 car garage. One car is outside, one in. But maybe the shelves in the front could be moved to accomodate the bike...since there is a ledge. Mountain bicycle hangs on wall.

For now, a car outside will be ok for winter as long as I live here and don't move. Probably still will get a larger garage with a new house in a couple years if I stay put in this area.

Hard to keep the vehicles out of the hot sun in the winter, eh? ;) I know ONE thing that isn't bigger in Texas..... Blizzards! :D That winter there.... rough week? LOL!

I'm just funnin' and yanking yer chain, that's all. :hook2: Quite in envy actually....

Hard to keep the vehicles out of the hot sun in the winter, eh? ;) I know ONE thing that isn't bigger in Texas..... Blizzards! :D That winter there.... rough week? LOL!

I'm just funnin' and yanking yer chain, that's all. :hook2: Quite in envy actually....

Absolutely right, man! I traveled to Boston last March for about 5 days. Think it was low 30's and drizzling rain, with wind. Guess I'd have to think differently if I lived up your way....:D

I'ved been in northern locations for holidays before too, in much snow. It's fun for a while, but I'm glad I live down here.

I'll have to sacrifice not snow skiing or snowmobile for riding in 75 degrees thru canyon twisties in December & January! (sorry, couldn't resist! ;) :nothing:

Back