Seems we do a pretty good job of keeping our bikes in shape, but...

Congrats Billy! This is awesome news!! I'm glad you've decided to change your lifestyle and get healthy. High kudos Brother!

I need to slip back on track... I have not gained hardly anything BUT I've not lost any since around Thanksgiving. Between the holidays and my birthday bash, I'm VERY surprised I have not put on all that I've lost. I guess I have been more careful and even though i ate poorly, I didn't over-stuff myself time and time again.

Keep it up! You put good stuff in and you can only make a better and healthier YOU!

Uh, not sure where you buy smokes from but here in NYC they are $11.95 a pack! Haha!! So I'm saving even more. I could get an even "sweeter" ride!

I quit way back when they were still $2.00 a pack. 12 or so years ago. Best thing I ever did for myself. I stopped cold turkey also. I don't believe in dragging it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been continuing with my powerlifting, and a few months ago decided to drop some weight, but maintain strength for competition. I dropped a BUNCH, and am stronger even then before! Good for you guys getting in shape, and especially good for you for quitting smoking!!! AWESOME! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know pal. Just joking with you. I found that I can now buy two great salads for the price of one pack of smokes. I think thats a healthy trade-off. I do remember them at 7 bucks not too long ago in Westchester County. The taxes on those things are absurd. I'm glad I don't even feel the urge anymore. Time to spend money on more important things......like two wheels with a big fat motor in between!!!

Just let me know when you want your Medium size T-shirt Billy! Way to go!!

A few updates. In gearing up for the MS150 in April we have ramped up our street bicycle riding to about 45 - 50 mile rides on the weekends. Feeling really good after those so I am hoping the 150 miles in April won't be so bad. Plenty of time left to train. I definitely prefer the mountain bike.

Speaking of mountain bikes. I still get on the dirt trails 2-3 days a week. I recently spent way to much money upgrading my $800 Diamond back. I got the frame PC'd flat black with gloss black stripes on the top tube. I ordered, new CF bar, new stem, new skewers, new seatpost (not pictured), new bottom bracket, crank, wheels sets and tires (went tubeless). I am also converting from 3 speed up front to single speed. It will be 1X8. I am doing this to simplify the bike and cut more weight. I am still waiting on my bottom bracket mounted chainring guide and 32t chainring to arrive. This is why I have not installed the crank. Over all I have cut almost 8 lbs from the weight.

Changing those hydrolic lines to black will be a cosmetic priority. Upgrading the front shock will be the next big ticket item.

P.S. Still running 3.1 - 5 miles twice a week too!

That looks very sharp Brad! I have the same bike carrier for my car and i love it. Wasn't cheap, but it was worth it.

By the way I never knew they had hydraulic disc brakes for mountain bikes. I had always just seen the cable actuated ones, but I guess a sealed system makes more sense. And yea get those black lines on there pronto ;)

Speaking of mountain bikes. I still get on the dirt trails 2-3 days a week....

Good for you Hail (3 times a week!) .. I have been off the grid .. way busy at work and family stuff but things are looking up!

Planning a Motocross trip to Fla in a few weeks.

In the meatime I do get out on the mountain bike as we have had unusually warm weather up North...

My buddy and I have GoPro Cams and here is some footage... I can't wait to wear the Go Pro on the FZ1 come spring!!!

Here is some footage in the meantime...

Mountain Biking Weetamoo Woods - RI:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RqE8Z38SE]Weetamoo1.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Clip from "Vietnam" in Milford MA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecb5sqdjFTg]NamDrops.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Downhill Action From Highland Park - NH:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocERn_C92o8]HighlandRebels.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Motocross I'm on the Honda and My buddy on the YZF:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtNGP90EGM&feature=related]Crow Hill MX.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Well we can't take all the credit! The highland vid is from highland mountain bike park ... and old Skii mountain with full service lift :D

We do an awful lot up normal pedaling though. I love it all ... cross country, free ride and DH!

Finally finished my mountain bike.... Well, kind of. I plan to get a Manitou front fork when income tax return arrives and a Ti SS frame at the end of the year.

Converted to 1 X 8 for now. Need to figure out what my sweet spot is then I will convert completely to single speed. Already have the tensioner.

8821d1329587352-seems-we-do-pretty-good-job-keeping-our-bikes-shape-but-dsc03464.jpg

Ignore the chain coming off. ;) I assure you it will be on when I hit the trails.

8822d1329587352-seems-we-do-pretty-good-job-keeping-our-bikes-shape-but-dsc03468.jpg

8823d1329587352-seems-we-do-pretty-good-job-keeping-our-bikes-shape-but-dsc03471.jpg

8824d1329587352-seems-we-do-pretty-good-job-keeping-our-bikes-shape-but-dsc03469.jpg

Now it is time to ride.

Last edited:
I do pull ups and push ups everyday before work and sometimes when i get home. Besides working for 10 hours 6 days a week, my two little girls give me lots of other exersize as they love to be thrown up in the air and swung around. Also the wife keeps me busy at night ;)

Got a quick 14.5 mile ride in today with my buddy Phil. Most of our trails were flooded so we mostly did the urban pavement thing in downtown Houston. Some flooding in our area the last few days. The photo here was along Bufalo Bayou in downtown Houston near Wortham Center (Houston Ballet).

Well been away from the forum for awhile and decided to pull up one of my favorite threads. Guys great looking bikes, I really wish I had hills back home to do that kind of riding with them. Missy you are an animal I see guys twice your size in the gym struggle with that kind of wieght, big kudos to you. I myself have been in Bagram, Afghanistan and the internet isn't the best so don't get much of a chance to come on here anymore. I started out at 190lbs here and trying to put on some muscle weight but due to food being absolutely horrible and some days we are so busy we don't get to eat much I have slimmed down even more. I haven't weighed myself but I am betting I will be in the 185 range or lower.

I am glad I got to see everyone is continuing to be successful with their goals and just want to say to everyone keep up the good work hope to be back on here again soon.:woot:

Back