Seat Repair

Bluey

I have managed to put a small tear in my gel seat.

IMG_1735.jpg

Does anyone know the best way to repair this kind of damage. I don't mind if it's a patch, anything would be better than my temporary solution.

IMG_1733.jpg

Thanks!!

Is it all the way through or just the surface that is torn?

A proper repair would be to remove the cover and patch it from the inside. and have it re-stapled on ($$s)

If it isn't torn all the way through, you may be able to get away with smearing some sikaflex (marine grade silicon type glue/sealant) into it.

Change to leather seat cover

I had two small holes in my seat that looked like it came from shrinking or maybe sun damage, so I went to tandy to get some leather. They had leather just for motorcycle seats, and it was $280 for enough leather to do about 6000 seats, which I clearly did not need.

I looked in the scraps which were way too small and they also had a $50 table, where all on that table were $50. I got a piece of white 3mm soft cow hide leather that was about 15 square feet. Still way too much, but only $50.

I also bought the $28 pneumatic stapler from Harbor Freight, which turned out to be very important.

I used the same padding and it was easier to do that I thought. In a few instances, I removed the staples and then re-pulled the leather in a few places. I also moistened the leather with a steam cleaner before stretching it. After the leather dried, it formed to the two cupped places at the rear of the rider seat and the front of the passenger seat. I was very happy how it turned out. Here is a picture.

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.08.55 AM.png

Back