Schuberth C3, opinions needed

I'm pleased as punch, it's such a fantastic helmet. Everything is just excellent quality & feels tailor made. Even the helmet bag it came with is premium quality with a quilted liner and everything!

I did have some smudge issues getting the Pinlock insert on but I cleaned that up as much as I could as carefully as I could. I think it's ok now.

Last edited:
In Australia if it doesn`t have a Australian Compliance sticker [AS/ NZ 1698], it`s illegal to wear here so we get ripped off again and have to $100s more, don`t know if you can even buy a Schuberth helmet here[no sticker]

That's an absurd rule if the helmet has a European certification. Silly regulations :bs:

I guess that's the price you pay to live in a temperate paradise ;)

I rode to work with earplugs today. I always wear ear plugs unless I'm just riding for a few minutes in town. With the ear plugs in, I got an opportunity to see just how quiet the C3 really is. I considered my EXO-500 decent in the noise department but there is no comparison whatsoever. The noise level is so much lower that my perception of speed is all screwed up! :) I love the serenity of riding in quiet isolation so this is just a treat for me

Another upside to the sealed design of the C3 is the fact I don't get any wind and cold up inside the helmet; no more frozen face in the winter. Another another upside is no exhaust fumes in traffic. I am amazed.

Last edited:
That's an absurd rule if the helmet has a European certification. Silly regulations :bs:

I guess that's the price you pay to live in a temperate paradise ;)
Yes I agree crazy regulation laws, just a way government can make more money out of us,It`s hard to beat the climate here on the mid north coast NSW,where I live South West Rocks we hardly ever get a frost in the winter and the sea breeze cools it down in summer,but you don`t have to go far inland and this all changes

Can we get an update?

Are you still riding right now? Are you still loving the new helmet? How is break in going with the padding?

Revzilla has them for $699, do you think that is too much?

It's fantastic and I have no complaints about it. It fit perfectly out of the box and it fits perfectly now after 1000 km. It is the best balanced, most aerodynamic, most comfortable helmet I've had the pleasure of owning. It's the absolute perfect helmet for me.

I do find the Pinlock isn't optically perfect, though. It does give some strange reflections from lights at night but it doesn't interfere with my vision too much. It's completely worth the trade off of some odd reflections compared to being completely 100% fog-free in any and every weather condition.

As far as price, that's up to you. Have you tried one on in the store yet?

Last edited:
It's a fantastic and I have no complaints about it. It fit perfectly out of the box and it fits perfectly now after 1000 km. It is the best balanced, most aerodynamic, most comfortable helmet I've had the pleasure of owning. It's the absolute perfect helmet for me.

I do find the Pinlock isn't optically perfect, though. It does give some strange reflections from lights at night but it doesn't affect my vision too much. It's completely worth the trade off of some odd reflections compared to being completely 100% fog-free in any and every weather condition.

As far as price, that's up to you. Have you tried one on in the store yet?

Nobody has one around here and are super hesitant to order a brand they dont' carry for me to just try on.

Revzilla offers their no restocking fee and all I would be out is the shipping.

I have to get my headlight first but next is to get a new helmet. This $hit gets expensive if you aren't careful like I've been.

After wrecking and hitting my head in an Arai Vector and a CL-Max III I felt safer in the Arai, but would say that I miss the modular. I think the C3 should be best of both worlds. (I know the key is I should stop wrecking and hitting my head)

Thanks for pointing that out, I've been in to GoAZ there but I guess they keep helmets in different sections (they have multiple buildings) and never saw the Schuberth's.

I'm gonna go try one on, they have both xl and xxl.

BTW: I'd heard more than one not nice thing about Victory, so that's why I didn't think to go there. GoAZ is very disorganized but sometimes helpful.
Thanks again, big help

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the guy on the line at Victory was very friendly and helpful.

I decided long ago that I won't listen to other people's negative opinions on bike shops. Most of the time, those people are assholes anyway.

We have a local shop in Vancouver that has a bad rap on the local forum. I decided to check it out for myself one day and I found the exact opposite to be true. Even my ex girlfriend who has a very abrasive and confrontational personality found them pleasant and helpful. I've developed a great relationship with them now and it's pretty hard to beat their pricing and knowledge

The moral of the story is get off the internet and try things for yourself, you lazy bastard! Kidding ;)

Last edited:
Dustin, thanks again for pointing out GoAz. The Schuberth stuff was in the showroom where they keep the BMW and Ducati's. I went up there today and tried on the C3, man it is probably the highest quality feeling helmet I've ever seen/tried on. could immediately tell the sound difference. I'm not smart like you and dont' wear ear protection, so I think it would be a good move for me to get a C3.

I'm gonna wait on getting one because he said that they will go on discount in the next month or two as the 2013's comeout and the one they had in my size was the city/worldscape graphic that is being discontinued which actually looked pretty cool, not to cheesy at all.

Their sticker price was $749. What do you think is a good price? Have you seen any good deals on the web?

Turned into a fun afternoon as I shot the $hit with the guy there for awhile and threw my leg over a Hypermotard 1100. :sinister:

How's the fit for you? Price? I can't answer that for you, only you can! :)

I would probably go with a XXL. The guy there let me keep it on for like 10 minutes as we chatted. I had no real hot spots and after I took it off and walked around the store more, no areas where I felt any sore head

I was asking about the price because you said you got yours for like 500. By chance did your dealer let you know what their list price was for?

You aren't sure about what size to get still? It should be a sure thing!

My dealer lists it for $769 but I did get it for $500

I think if I went with a really snug fit, like your supposed to get then I'd be an XL and if I want it to be comfortable like my CL-Max III that contributed to a concussion I'd go with another XXL (I kid, I kid).

How did the dealer get it for $500? Can he hook it up down here in the states?

Best price I'm seeing is $600-$650 from the UK. I could wait for the XXL world graphics one to go on closeout in March and see how cheap I could get it or they still have a white XL but I hate white helmets. I'm not as much friends with the guys at GoAZ as the guys at Apache. The Apache guys give me 10-20% off and sometimes if it's expensive will just go to dealer price and tack $20 on it (basically I look it up on Partshark and tell them the price).

Back