Say A Little Prayer

So glad he is on his way to recovering. I had my first get off this year and I was very lucky to only have a mental recovery. I was lucky and walked away... Best wishes sent his way!

So glad to hear he is on his way to recovery but prayers offered up as he does have a long road ahead... I know first hand healing sucks and takes time and my experiences have in no way been this bad. Thank god it wasn't any worse!

Good luck & best wishes to his family!

I just received an update on P.J.'s condition. He is now awake, alert, and talking. They must have removed the breathing tube. Also, it is official that his leg will be saved. As expected, they say he is irritated and in pain and I'm sure giving the nurses grief. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. I thank you all on his behalf.

Very scary indeed, I was glad to see the above post after reading all the begining posts. It brings back bad memories. I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

I just saw this post, I'm saying a prayer that he comes thru as normal as possible. he must be one strong willed individual.

Update On PJ's Condition

I got what wound up being a terrible text from Donnchadh this morning which felt surreal when I read it. It seems that they amputated PJ's leg this morning after trying their best to save it. This was devastating news and really put a damper on my day. They are hoping not to have to do anymore removing as I found out today that he is diabetic which worsened things for him. Last I heard he was back on a ventilator and heavily medicated.

It also winds up that the driver of the car was not having a seizure as he first stated, but was in fact DUI. It angers me to no end that someone will drink until they are drunk, and get into a motor vehicle and drive like it's okay.

I pray that PJ is out of the woods because of the doctor's decision and that he can finally heal up and get back to his family. It's such a shame that this had to happen to him. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. I pray the Lord gives him the strength to pull through and persevere.

I just wanted to again thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming!

Here is a picture of 4 of the 5 guys involved in the tragic accident. L to R. Pete, Tony, Donnchadh, and PJ (Far right). This was taken the day before it happened.
216890_2301159408482_1234108534_2844158_5503996_n.jpg

I got what wound up being a terrible text from Donnchadh this morning which felt surreal when I read it. It seems that they amputated PJ's leg this morning after trying their best to save it. This was devastating news and really put a damper on my day. They are hoping not to have to do anymore removing as I found out today that he is diabetic which worsened things for him. Last I heard he was back on a ventilator and heavily medicated.

It also winds up that the driver of the car was not having a seizure as he first stated, but was in fact DUI. It angers me to no end that someone will drink until they are drunk, and get into a motor vehicle and drive like it's okay.

I pray that PJ is out of the woods because of the doctor's decision and that he can finally heal up and get back to his family. It's such a shame that this had to happen to him. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. I pray the Lord gives him the strength to pull through and persevere.

I just wanted to again thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming!

Here is a picture of 4 of the 5 guys involved in the tragic accident. L to R. Pete, Tony, Donnchadh, and PJ (Far right). This was taken the day before it happened.
216890_2301159408482_1234108534_2844158_5503996_n.jpg

Sad news thank you so much for the update. i hope that DUI driver gets the book thrown at him.

Bummed to hear of PJs misfortune. I pray for his healthy return to life and for justice to be served to the driver who's caused this tragedy due to a VERY poor decision.

When the time is right a good gift to PJ might be "Riding the Edge" by Dave Barr. My aunt suggested it to me as a great read, about a guy who lost both his legs during in war who later rode his motorcycle around the world.

Take care my friends...

DUI? Hang him! Argh!!!!! B@stard!!!!

All my hope, thoughts and prayers are for PJ today Billy. I'm sorry to learn this turn of events. Diabetic is not helping at all. They are very slow to heal. My wife is also diabetic.

Get well PJ. The world is a better place WITH you in it!

my prayers and best wishes for a good recovery are on their way to your friend...sorry to read this unfortunate event...luckily he can still joke around...

Thanks again guys for all the wishes and prayers. The last I heard PJ was in, I guess, better spirits, or as good as can be expected of him. I am assuming that it wound up being his leg or his life. I sit here and put myself in his situation and my stomach gets knots in it. I couldn't imagine waking up from anesthesia and have one less limb. I also found out that they removed it from just below his knee which will be a good thing when it comes to walking again, and if I know him, he'll definitely be doing that. I'll keep the updates coming as I get them. Thanks again.

Back