Satan V4 R1 Shock Adapter

Test ride tomorrow???

Unfortunately not tomorrow Pete. My other set of wheels are done at the Coater and after I pick them up I'll be heading out to Blavenia's house and wait to see if the tires show up as expected. If they do we'll run over to Martin's to have them mounted. Maybe Sunday if I get back from the city early.

Any updates Billy?

No bud. It was supposed to have rained a bit today but it never came. Unfortunately, by the time I got home today there were no parking spaces left for tomorrow so it looks like I'll be taking the car again tomorrow. However, Wednesday, there is no street cleaning so I'll have a report that evening.

With such a high demand for these adapters, you'd think someone else could easily step in and start selling their own model.

I have a friend with access to all kinds of fabrication machines (CNC, 5-axis, 3D) at work (works with Google Streetview). He has the design ready and is waiting to confirm some specs when his R1 shock arrives. He is saying he can churn these adapters out for pretty cheap (almost 50% of Satan's price). Lets see what his final price ends up to be.

I have a friend with access to all kinds of fabrication machines (CNC, 5-axis, 3D) at work (works with Google Streetview). He has the design ready and is waiting to confirm some specs when his R1 shock arrives. He is saying he can churn these adapters out for pretty cheap (almost 50% of Satan's price). Lets see what his final price ends up to be.

We have run the part through once, just need to make some adjustments and then ours will be ready for the bike... we've discussed a possible market, obviously I wouldn't want to step on anybody's toes, but at the same time, there is a crazy demand and no supply. And as far as price, I think we were looking at about 50-60 minutes on the CNC with 2 flips, that along with upwards of $10 of aluminum... there is some wiggle room. Im trying to get it finalized this weekend depending on workload, and then I might put a post up just to put some feelers out... Im not trying to make a living off of this, just share some parts with fellow members that want them.

Well, first ride to work with the new shock is in the books! Now, while there are no "twisties" on my way to and from work, I will say that the R1 Rear Shock Mod is by far way ahead of the stock shock on the FZ1. I only have it set to the stock R1 settings for now and will need some adjustments due to the fact that I'm running the Race Tech Spring, but it definitely handles the bumps way better than stock and dips that I needed to get off the seat for can now be ridden "butt planted" down on the seat. It feels like the bike tracks better although I'm not sure that it's due to the shock. Ride height is a bit higher and that combined with the Dirt Road Seat has me on tippy toes at stop lights but not an issue for me. Also, no "squatting" when I crank the throttle which makes the bike feel like it gets up to speed quicker than before. I'm sure that this Sunday when I get up to the mountain I will surely feel the inadequacy of the front forks now that the rear is up to par for my weight. I'll do a follow up report on Sunday afternoon when I get home. So far, I'm really digging the new shock and for a total cost of $227 dollars for Shock, Spring, and Adapter, I'm super happy with the results.

We have run the part through once, just need to make some adjustments and then ours will be ready for the bike... we've discussed a possible market, obviously I wouldn't want to step on anybody's toes, but at the same time, there is a crazy demand and no supply. And as far as price, I think we were looking at about 50-60 minutes on the CNC with 2 flips, that along with upwards of $10 of aluminum... there is some wiggle room. Im trying to get it finalized this weekend depending on workload, and then I might put a post up just to put some feelers out... Im not trying to make a living off of this, just share some parts with fellow members that want them.
What are you asking for it? Might as well order from you if the price is good. Or we will start fabricating it and selling it on the forums.

What are you asking for it? Might as well order from you if the price is good. Or we will start fabricating it and selling it on the forums.

Im going to try and make the final cuts and fitments on tuesday, I will see how it fits and then make a decision I may make a thread on it when i get it mounted and adjusted proper.

Back