Santa is bringing me a super ten !!!!

Well my forty years of being a dedicated Honda man is over !! I cant even find a 2up bike I would buy!! a XL650 enduro (old but good tech) , the retro CB1100 , and the CB1000r are solo bikes I like THATS IT !!!! I hear that the new Honda dirtbikes have weak valves . I told my Yammi /Honda dealer that I wanted to test drive a super ten and he said NO !! all of his were sold and he would call me when I could . Three months later...
I get a call sat. and the manager says he has a bike I can testdrive and they have 2013 super tens for over $4,000 off $ 10,500 plus tax and tags . on my testdrive the suspension was set up too soft and the front tire was scary. I had to put the seat in the lower position and i might have to lower this bike a little for the wifey . The seat is very comfy and the ride is plush . So once i got the tires warmed up i gave her some gas and i thought WHAT A DOG !! weird no punch then i started wondering why everyone around me was driving SO SLOW !!
I glanced at the speedo and i was going a lot faster than i thought . Its a lot slower than my Honda ST and it doesn't have an elec. windshield. So i will keep my Honda for a while till i get the Yammi set up ( topbox crashbars,tires) . I will have to sell my FZ I only put about 3000 miles on it last year and my sissy back cant take it !!
Yammi bikes that i would buy today : FJR , SUPER TEN , FZ 7, FZ9, FZ1 , FJ 9, R1, R6 , The STAR line is VERY STRONG !! From what i hear the dirtbikes ROCK ! but the KTM s are better ??? I BELIEVE YAMAHA IS AT THE TOP FOR BRINGING NEW FRESH BIKES AND STILL KEEPING COSTS DOWN . I PICK MY BIKE UP FRIDAY WOO HOO

Congrats on the SUPER find! I'm told it is a very predictable bike with no surprises... smooth. Can't wait to see pics and what you do to it.

Yes KTM builds a better dirt bike however I suspect for your riding pleasure single or two up you will be real happy with the S10. Hard not to love shaft drive and Yamaha build quality. Pictures man, pictures.

e7d3c8f272cda9ff9cbe931ae56f0260.jpg
af691f2264b792b53bda1930b8c74381.jpg
fa87ced459426784d3da197c75bc31c5.jpg

Well the ST soaks the bumps up . Its set up perfect for me. This is the first bike that i wont have to raise the bars . It feels and sounds like a Vtwin . It needs a pipe it sounds like a Vstrom 650
Ill post more when i take her for a proper ride tomorrow.

Thanks guys , I don't want to get rid of either bike !! But the FZ has to go , I don't know if I can part with the Honda and I feel sad thinking about it . But I bet a 690 Duke .... would ...make ... maybe

Get rid of both! The Super Ten will do the long distance stuff no problem and the FZ1 can be replaced with a hooligan machine :)

Break it in by coming to our meet up in July!

Last edited:
You must have been a VERY good boy this year! It looks comfortable enough to ride out here for the "meet up" in July!!

Yep i try !! It is very comfy but i hurt my hip somehow and ive only ridden one day and it was torture . Hopefully some cortazone shots will work .
I would love to make it out there

Back