sad heart.

So the last month has been the worst of life so far. On june 6th dad was told he has cancer. It had spread befor he even knew he had it. Dad was very positive and went straight into chemo and radiation. he was doing really well till he got phnemonia. Sadly he could not fight through it and passed on July12. Dad was only 56. Dad and I were best friends we talked every day and hardly ever went more then 3 days without seeing each other. I will miss him very much. I love you dad.

This is the last pic I took of him around two weeks befor his passing.
0626131652.jpg

may your line always be wet buddy.

So sorry for your loss. Life can often be unfair and take away our best friends and loved ones much too soon. May he rest in peace.

Thanks guys. Dad was close to all four of his kids, We were trully his life. He was a perfect Grandpa to his four grandchildren. He was a master fabricator/welder and worked for C.B.&I.. Dad has Presidental awards for his work at Wash.DC post office for anthrax clean up and for his efforts at the World Trade Center recovery. I knew he was at both but did not find the awards till after his passing. He was very modest. The only thing he bragged about was family and fish.

Last edited:
Very, very sorry to hear. You will never stop missing him; try to remember the good times and use the love he gave you to be your best and to enhance the world around you. It's the best way to honor his memory.

I am very, very sorry.
You so lucky to have had a good Dad, and a good friend, and a good relationship.
Doesn't make it easier or better ... but you had the best while you had him. And that is a lot!
Remember what he would want you to do - as time goes on.
You've got some really good guidance there.

So sorry to hear of your Dad's loss. I know you were close because you talked about him a lot on these forums.
So sad that someone so young had to leave this world. Please take comfort in the fact that he seemed to live life to the fullest. Thank goodness the last battle did not last long. Although he left this world too early - he did not have to suffer for an extended period of time.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

My prayers to you and your family. My father was 51 when he passed in 1992 of a heart attack, a year before my wedding. I regret that he never saw any grandchildren because I know he would have loved them so much and they would have loved him too.

I've never stopped missing him and I wish he was here to ask advise and help me fix things I can't. My father was a welder too and an autobody repairman before that. Talk about him to his grandchildren. Tell the great stories. Find others he worked with and his close friends and ask stories they know about him. It helps me to hear them sometimes.

Keep strong.

Oh Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers go out to you and your family buddy. This friggin cancer just pisses me off! It seems like it's more and more prevelant today and is getting us earlier and earlier. My condolences my friend. Sad news indeed.

Mike, I'm very sorry for the loss of your best friend and Dad. You have our deepest condolences. Treasure all those sweet memories you created with him. My prayers go out for you and yours.

Sorry for your loss Mike. My condolences to you and your family. Always remember the quality time you spent with him. Nothing can ever take away...

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the passing of your father, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad you got to spend as much time with him as you did.

Sorry for your loss Mike. My mom died at 50 years old. So i know how you are feeling.Sometimes it takes some really bad stuff to happen for us to enjoy the good stuff.
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS
LONNEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back