RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

That's a lot of progress and great finds Tony. Well done again! I'm envious and hope to take on a similar project in a couple years. ;) You, Pete, Billy and the others here with build threads are a great inspiration!

This is going to be one SWEET ride!

Well I inspected the swingarm this afternoon and removed all bushings and bearings in preparation for dropping it off to get repolished. Just waiting on another piece before I dropped them all off.

Oh and today I got a text from the powder coater. Frame, wheels and other parts are ready for pick up :D

Here's the swingarm:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I inspected the swingarm this afternoon and removed all bushings and bearings in preparation for dropping it off to get repolished. Just waiting on another piece before I dropped them all off.

Oh and today I got a text from the powder coater. Frame, wheels and other parts are ready for pick up :D

Here's the swingarm:
attachment.php

attachment.php

A Metachex!!! Where on earth did you find that???

Sweet! Both are so rare, and so killer. :)

That RZ is going to be killer!

Are you going to mod the body at all? Air Tech makes an amazing RZ500 kit for it.

I thought about it, but honestly I think I'll leave the body stock. Will just change out the turn signals and mirrors for something a little more "modern".

What I'd like is a real RZ500 :D

Well picked up the parts from the powder coater today. I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed just thinking about all the work that lays ahead now in assembling everything and I still haven't even opened up the engine!!!

Box of goodies #1
attachment.php

Box of goodies #2
attachment.php

Frame :D
attachment.php

Rear Wheel

attachment.php

I'll try and get the wheel bearings and rotors on this weekend. Need to hunt down some caliper pistons as I'm not too happy with the ones that were in there once I removed them. I might have a lead on some ss pistons.

Hopefully next week I get the other part I'm waiting on and I can get the swingarm, fork lowers, etc over to the polishing shop ;)

Well picked up the parts from the powder coater today. I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed just thinking about all the work that lays ahead now in assembling everything and I still haven't even opened up the engine!!!

Box of goodies #1
attachment.php

Box of goodies #2
attachment.php

Frame :D
attachment.php

Rear Wheel

attachment.php

I'll try and get the wheel bearings and rotors on this weekend. Need to hunt down some caliper pistons as I'm not too happy with the ones that were in there once I removed them. I might have a lead on some ss pistons.

Hopefully next week I get the other part I'm waiting on and I can get the swingarm, fork lowers, etc over to the polishing shop ;)

Looks great! Just please remember that if you ever need an extra set of hands to help you out, just say the word and I'm there!

Looks great! Just please remember that if you ever need an extra set of hands to help you out, just say the word and I'm there!

Thanks buddy. I'm sure I'll be recruiting you when it comes time to put the engine back in the frame since I certainly don't want to scratch it!

Back