RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

The best part of the rebuild is when everything is back and squeaky clean. It's a joy re-assembling the bike without any grease or grime. Can't wait!

Tell me about it...my main worry is scratching the frame as I'm assembling everything again. I have seen some guys use pipe insulation around the bottom tubes to that the engine doesn't scratch it as you're putting it back in. Need to figure out what to do about some of the bolts that are kind of corroded. Buying then new would cost a fortune so that's out of the question. If I was going to spend the money I would probably try to get ss stuff, but in metric sizes (and small quantities) it's not easy. Maybe I can find a local place that can do zinc plating.

Tell me about it...my main worry is scratching the frame as I'm assembling everything again. I have seen some guys use pipe insulation around the bottom tubes to that the engine doesn't scratch it as you're putting it back in. Need to figure out what to do about some of the bolts that are kind of corroded. Buying then new would cost a fortune so that's out of the question. If I was going to spend the money I would probably try to get ss stuff, but in metric sizes (and small quantities) it's not easy. Maybe I can find a local place that can do zinc plating.

Hey bud, don't worry about the screws. Come get my compressor and die grinder and redo them yourself. If I showed you my rear sprocket nuts and front rotor bolts, you wouldn't believe they weren't brand new! I have the pads to use and the die grinder and compressor. You can do them over your sink and not even have a mess! It's here if you need it. Heck, you may as well do them now while the parts are away.

Hey bud, don't worry about the screws. Come get my compressor and die grinder and redo them yourself. If I showed you my rear sprocket nuts and front rotor bolts, you wouldn't believe they weren't brand new! I have the pads to use and the die grinder and compressor. You can do them over your sink and not even have a mess! It's here if you need it. Heck, you may as well do them now while the parts are away.

Oh I can clean mine real good at work on the wire brush, but the problem is that w/o some sort of coating they will eventually start to rust. That's why I was thinking ss or having them zinc plated. Although some of the bolts have that greenish hue to them that I'm not sure what it is.

Oh I can clean mine real good at work on the wire brush, but the problem is that w/o some sort of coating they will eventually start to rust. That's why I was thinking ss or having them zinc plated. Although some of the bolts have that greenish hue to them that I'm not sure what it is.

Once you have polished them on your wheel, stick them all in a large sheet of styrofoam and use some of this stuff:

Boeshield T-9, 12 oz. Aerosol

It is said to work great on all kinds of hardware that you want to keep rust free.

Well today the postman left a notice. My Metmachex swing arm is waiting for me at the post office. Have to get there one day this week to pick it up. Looks like this:

www.metmachex.net

Also Koni shock should be delivered Wednesday. Nothing fancy, but much better than the stock one.

Should be picking up the frame and wheels this coming weekend so should have a roller again soon ;)

Bla..Bla..Bla.....Blingity Blingity Bling! Man that looks sweet T! Very nice piece of hardware!:Rockon:

Thanks Billy. The polished arm should contrast well with the black frame. Same for the shock (with yellow spring) and the Galfer rotors. Undecided if I should install yellow rim tape or not. I decided not to polish the lip of the rims since it was too much money. Figure I might give the rim tape a try since it's cheap enough :)

Oh okay, then you'd be right on with a yellow rim stripe that is "broken up" with black. You know the ones I mean. They have those slashes in them.

Without any stripes it would look something like this:

attachment.php

Picked up the swing arm this morning before work. Now I just need to drop it off at the metal polishing shop so they can make it sparkle :shine:

Back