RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

Owned two 350s. The bikini faired one (wrecked by my father) and the fully faired one. Wasn't interested in the 500. too heavy and reportedly had twitchy steering. Just loved the 350s, humbled many larger sports bikes. Tires, trying to remember I think that I used Dunlop GP100s? Got expensive thought, fronts at 4000k and rears at 2000k

Yea, the RZ350 humbled many a 4-stroke bike back in the day :)

From what I heard that RZ500 really responded well to a nice set of pipes, not to mention that you lost 20 lbs in the process.

Just got my permit and have clocked about 60 miles on my 85 Rz350 12k on her, still havent hit the powerband. Not sure how i went 28yrs only riding on dirt..

Well it's been cold so not much progress to report. The bike is about half stripped. Suspension and engine need to come out yet. However, I have been busy scoring some really nice stuff ;) So far I got some Galfer wave rotors all around, high capacity radiator and some newer RZ350 wheels from Canada. These are the wheels that I'll powder coat. Now I'm leaning toward black wheels with a polished lip. If it cost too much to polish the lip I'll do them all black and then use some yellow rim tape. Working on obtaining a nice aftermarket aluminum swingarm. Stay tuned...

Picked up the footpeg brackets from the powder coater today. Polished and powder coated in clear so they are maintenance free. They came out really nice and these cell phone pics don't do them justice. Just need to pick up some ss bolts to attach them to the frame :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks awesome Tony. I've seen a lot of aluminum stuff lately that has been coated with clear. Like it a lot!

I need to get my Toyota Devil Horns peened and then coated clear. ;)

:wow: As honored as I was to sit on it, and as much as I'd love to own it, I'm glad you have it. I could never give it the care and love you are showing it. The RZ's deserve owners like you and Gary. Send some of that sweet blue smoke my way when it's all done! :wilynily:

Well today the rest of the bike got stripped. Now it's ready for some metal polishing and powder coating :)

Almost there:
attachment.php

Done! Stripped down to the frame:
attachment.php

Well the Galfer rotors showed up today. The RZ uses the same rotors F & R so all three are the same:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some pics of the Toomey pipes that I've had for a while, but hadn't even opened the box. This is their "complete" kit that includes pipes, silencers, jet kit, Y foam air filter and aluminum battery box. I went with the cf silencers and they are beautiful :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy Moly!!! I didn't see how much progress you had made Tony! Great job breaking her all the way down. The rotors look nice. I wish I could afford the Wavy's! Keep the pics coming bud, and remember what I told you about the trailer and the parking.

Well the high capacity radiator showed up today as well. Used, but like new and about half the price of what a new one would have cost me. The core is about twice as big as the stock one. These bikes don't use a fan so with the stock radiator they can easily overheat in traffic. Should polish up nicely :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now that the parts have started to arrive I am really excited about getting it finished, but I know there's still a lot of work to be done. As we all know it's always easier to take things apart than it is to put them back together. Plus I have to get all the parts powder coated so that may take a while since I'm not sure how busy they are right now.

RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

Holy crap that exaust is sweet nice rotors too im not even ginna ask how much because i cant afford them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Holy crap that exaust is sweet nice rotors too im not even ginna ask how much because i cant afford them!

Oh they were not cheap, but I got a good deal on the rotors. The exhaust I've had since last year so didn't spend all the money at once on these parts.

The wheels showed up this afternoon. Knocked out the bearings so tomorrow the frame, wheels and a bunch of other parts are heading over to be powder coated :D

Well everything was dropped off today for powder coating :D

Should have it all back in about 7-10 days. Shop was pretty busy and I told him that I wasn't in much of a hurry since I'm waiting for some parts yet.

Need to figure out what to do about the front master cylinder. It was a total mess. Going to strip it clean to see if it can be salvaged.

Back