Rpha-10

Just ordered the new HJC RPHA-10 in the style shown below. The is the new model based on the RPS-10 (which is what I have now.) The RPHA-10 is currently the lightest helmet on the market.

15334d1372543151-rpha-10-capture.jpg

Looks pretty sharp. I've been wearing an HJC Carbon Fiber FS-15 for 3 years....nice light helmet with good ventilation, a bit noisy but great value relative to Shoei and Arai. Might have to check this new one out as I'm about due for a replacement.

Looks great! Looking forward to some ride reports

My understanding is that the shape and construction are exactly the same internally as my RPS-10. They are just using new stronger lighter materials for the shell and slightly different external shape. I hope everything else is the same. I have better ventilation on the RPS-10 than any helmet I have ever owned. It definitely is not the quietest but it also is not the loudest. I would say it is middle of the road for noise. I never thought that really good ventilation went with low noise. If I have to choose I will always go for ventilation.

Good news is I can use my RPS-10 shields so I wont have to make any extra investments there.

I will report back and let you know how it actually compares to the RPS-10 on the road. :) Mine won't be in until later this week.

I mainly wonder about how they crash. Anyone tested them??

I know my Arai's do the job (yes, it happens on the track), but I'm willing to consider these much cheaper ones. I tried the HJC on and it was really light, for sure...

Ive used this helmet since last summer. Very nice helmet and extremely light weight. Had to change the visor twice because of the broken lock part. Might also be due to washing it with too heavy stuff :)

Changed to this helmet because the old KBC VR-2R was too windy. Rpha-10 does not have that problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well not sure what I can say.....

PROS: The fit is exactly like the RPS-10 that I love so much. Only this is even lighter and the lightest helmet on the market right now. The interior is super soft & comfy. If you zip through the twisties the last thing you need is gravity exerting its forces on extra weight on your head! The weight is appreciated on long rides too. It has the best air flow of any helmet I have ever had. It has already been crashed tested by Spies and Lorenzo. There is plenty of room to accept speakers and a mic. I installed the upgraded speakers for my SMH-5 in this one. I highly recommend the upgraded speakers. Not really louder but the sound quality is far superior to the standard ones if you listen to music.

CONS: It is not the quietest helmet on the market but neither is any helmet in the price range I am willing to $$ spend. It is also not the loudest. It is quieter than most helmets I have owned in recent history. If you wear earplugs anyway you won't have any issues. I am far more concerned with a helmet meeting certain safety standards than I am it being quiet.

I still have my RPS-10. Not sure yet if I am going to sell it or not. ....but I have not worn it since getting the new one. I guess it is always a good idea to have a good quality back-up on hand?

Last edited:
Dude! That looks wicked!

I thought it would fit my taste/decor. :D

So, do these fit true to size? Or, would you order a size up or down? My head measures exactly between the L and XL so I'm assuming I'd order the XL and then get the thicker cheek pads. I've been burnt ordering the tighter fit before where it was just too much to squeeze it on my pumpkin!

So, do these fit true to size? Or, would you order a size up or down? My head measures exactly between the L and XL so I'm assuming I'd order the XL and then get the thicker cheek pads. I've been burnt ordering the tighter fit before where it was just too much to squeeze it on my pumpkin!

My research shows that they run pretty true to size, and they are considered a 'neutral oval' in shape, so depending on your personal noggin shape you may go either way.

I normally wear an XL and the XL fits well. Certainly you can get somewhere to try one on first?

Thanks guys! Brad, no one around here carries them. As a matter of fact, we don't have hardly ANY places to go shop for gear. The dealers carry so little and such crap that no one buys it and when they do have the quality stuff, they price themselves out of the market. :( But, I typically buy an XL and have always been OK with it. Maybe coming soon!

Thanks guys! Brad, no one around here carries them. As a matter of fact, we don't have hardly ANY places to go shop for gear. The dealers carry so little and such crap that no one buys it and when they do have the quality stuff, they price themselves out of the market. :( But, I typically buy an XL and have always been OK with it. Maybe coming soon!

Try Revzilla.....they have a 'no hassle' policy. If it doesn't fit just send it back for a different size, or a refund with no restocking fee. Other than postage it is a good way to shop for items that you won't find at most dealers.

Try Revzilla.....they have a 'no hassle' policy. If it doesn't fit just send it back for a different size, or a refund with no restocking fee. Other than postage it is a good way to shop for items that you won't find at most dealers.

Motorcyclegear (formerly New Enough) is also very good about returns and exchanges. Pretty much a no-hassle place as well. I did look for a better price but no one can touch them plus I had the $35 gift card....

So, I just ordered it! :D This is my Xmas gift. Should be shipping today for free. Nice!

0801-1702-03_5.jpg

Last edited:
Back