Rough week? Rough two months!

Sorry for the loss ... Mocha Dude had a great life with caring people. I remember the first week he was in your home ... WOW ... that was a long time ago!

It is a privilege and honor to share a life for so long ... the both of you have nothing to regret for what you did for him.

Tell Mich I am sorry and share my condolences.

My Calico Maine Coon cat is about a year and a half older than Mocha and she is moving slowly these days ... not looking forward to making that decision.

Ditto on Catholic Church ... the mass is for the living celebrating the life of a person. <now must bite my tongue>

Good luck Eric and Mich.

And the hits keep on coming....

More bad news... Last Saturday I got a call from my brother. My sister had called on Friday and said Mom was in the hospital but it wasn't too bad... she has heart problems along with COPD. She was in because of CO2 buildup. When my brother called on Saturday, she'd taken a turn for the worst... she was hallucinating thinking she was home in her recliner playing hand-held games. She did not know who she was, who visitors were or where she was. We dropped everything and drove the 3 hrs (in 2.5 hrs) and got a room close by. It was a grim visit and we expected to have to make decisions the next day. Sunday rolls around and she somehow starts to come back to us and continued to improve. As of today, she's out of CCU and in a room recovering. But, while in CCU on Monday, we learned that ANOTHER of her brothers, another Uncle of mine, had passed away. This now leaves her, the oldest at almost 82, and the youngest who is now 65. She's survived three brothers and her only sister, all younger than her and only has her baby brother left.

Take the time to call or vist family and friends... let them know you care. You never know when that call or visit could be the last chance you get to tell them you were thinking of them... and love them.

RIP Uncle Gerry. Died 9/12/2011
RIP Uncle Ronny. Died 8/15/2011

More bad news... Last Saturday I got a call from my brother. My sister had called on Friday and said Mom was in the hospital but it wasn't too bad... she has heart problems along with COPD. She was in because of CO2 buildup. When my brother called on Saturday, she'd taken a turn for the worst... she was hallucinating thinking she was home in her recliner playing hand-held games. She did not know who she was, who visitors were or where she was. We dropped everything and drove the 3 hrs (in 2.5 hrs) and got a room close by. It was a grim visit and we expected to have to make decisions the next day. Sunday rolls around and she somehow starts to come back to us and continued to improve. As of today, she's out of CCU and in a room recovering. But, while in CCU on Monday, we learned that ANOTHER of her brothers, another Uncle of mine, had passed away. This now leaves her, the oldest at almost 82, and the youngest who is now 65. She's survived three brothers and her only sister, all younger than her and only has her baby brother left.

Take the time to call or vist family and friends... let them know you care. You never know when that call or visit could be the last chance you get to tell them you were thinking of them... and love them.

I'm so sorry to hear about the Uncles Eric. I am glad though that Mom is doing better. It seems that the older I get, the more I'm thinking of my mortality. I know it's not good to dwell on such things but it's hard when for some reason it seems that more people you know are passing younger and younger these days. I'm hoping to be around for a while longer. I have lots of things left to do on this planet! My prayers are with your Mom buddy.

And this year continues to be such a bad year... On Monday Oct 3rd, 2011, my Mom passed away. She's left this world and is now with the Lord. She had just turned 82 on Sept. 23rd while in the hospital. She had a rough 6+ years where she battled many issues and her tough old body finally had no more fight left. She went very quick and peaceful with one of my brothers and one of my sisters at her side. I was on my way up to be there and got the call from my brother with only 50 miles left to travel... she was gone. This is a photo from around Christmas time in 2009 showing 4 generations in one photo. My Mom, me, my daughter Briana and Briana's daughter, my first grandchild, Bridgette. I am in Maine with family. Her funeral is Friday morning. You will be dearly missed Mama. I love you.

RIP Mom (Sylvia). Died 10/3/2011

This leaves one surviving Fraser, the youngest, who is 66 now. I cannot imagine what he is going through having lost three siblings in a short 49 day span.

attachment.php

Eric my condolences to you and your family for such a great loss...Sorry to hear that your family has been having such a tough time as of late. Take good care of yourself buddy...

I know that I've already told you but my deepest sympathies to you and your family buddy. It's really been a year of losses for many here on the site and it's never easy hearing about a loss from those with whom you are close. May God bless her soul. You got my number pal, don't hesitate to use it.

Eric, Sorry to hear about you losing your Mom and some Uncles. May the Lord bless you with his spirit to comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

sorry to hear this news eric. sounds like she lived a long and meaningful life at 82 years old, which is something you can look on and smile about when you get better as the grieving process goes on. it seems to me she will live on in you and your children too, because i can see the resemblance in you and your daughter in the picture you posted as well. again, sorry to hear you're going through this...

Eric I'm so sorry for your loss. Brings back memorys from when my grandmother and grandfather passed very close in time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Erik and Michele I appreciate the PM and I am so very sorry for your losses. You know I think of you two as the salt of the earth. I've had a rough time myself with perseverations over Jake as I just passed the anniversary of his loss and his birthday coming at the end of the month. I continue to search for that evasive peace of mind. Sometimes Yogi is a comfort. Sometimes I feel I was an idiot and never should have taken this on until I was in a better place.

As a second year resident I was awoken by one of my interns (who was in my charge) saying he needed help with a patient beyond his skill level. I cussed at no one in particular and got up. He looked me dead in the eye and said: "Hey Norm, life sucks and then you die." He did make me laugh, which was his goal. This was 27 years ago. But now I think of it and he unfortunately appears to be right. I have gone from an excessively optimistic person to persisting depression, anxiety, and what the psychologist believes is PTSD. I now have "professional" help from all the recommended sources. But truth be told, only my precious daughter keeps me going.

This is no slight on all of you and my close friends and family. Everyone has been magnificent to me. It's just reality.

Eric, you and Michele are much stronger than me. You are two good souls who have lived honorable lives. These losses you have endured are horrible, mostly because you haven't had a chance to breath between them. I know you will make it through. I wish I were more religious, or had the "faith" but that is not to be. I recommend you draw on whatever resources are available to you and I promise to call one of these days. My own Mom asks about you often and I'll never forget how well you treated her when you stayed here.

Sorry for the diversion folks. It's a depressing thread so maybe we can all share our struggles and know we are not alone.

Eric and Michelle,

I only today read this thread and I am very sorry for your losses.

I know how it feels to lose a member of the family that is close to you. We all will have to deal with this at one time or another in our lives. What is important as you pointed out Eric, is to make sure the people in our lives that we care about are made to know it. We never know how much time we have to share with each other and must make the most of it.

Sadly I can relate to your experience with a beloved pet as well. That was the hardest thing I can remember doing. I see my daughter’s cat and know that when the day comes that terrible task will fall to me again. I was not thrilled when I came home to find this new destructive member of the family there without my consultation all those years ago. Since that day he has made a place in my heart despite the baggage that cats bring, and I know that I will miss him when he is gone.

The best thing I can tell you is to remember those that have passed fondly and keep them alive in your heart.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. We've put Mama to rest after a short ceremony just the way she wanted it all to take place. She will be missed and our lives are left with a void but we'll keep filling that void with love and laughter with our great memories of her.

You are all great people here. If your Mom is still on this earth, stop what you're doing and call or visit her right now... tell her you love her.

It's been tough over the last few years with her getting weaker and more frail each time she got sick and had to go to the hospital. Every visit with her, I treated it as my final goodbye because we just never knew when her day was coming. I'm glad she went peacefully and quickly. I'm happy she is no longer in pain. I miss her with all my heart though.

Today is a new day. Enjoy it everyone! Take care!

Eric, My condolences to you and your family. I find comfort in knowing Loved one's are with the Lord. My faith in Jesus assures me that one day, we will all meet again. I find comfort also in this song below...will probably have it played at my funeral..once again, sorry for your loss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmD2MtBNpA&feature=related]Alison Krauss and Union Station - Lay My Burden Down HD - YouTube[/ame]

Back