Rode a 1994 FZR1000 today

Too bad it was pretty chewed up. I went to check it out........I was thinking of getting another bike. It was listed for $1500 1994 Yamaha 1000

I couldn't even finish the ride around the block, before turning back for safety reasons. What a shame. I wish it had been well kept and that I could have seen what it could do. But it was all bad. Just another learned lesson, really.

It was supposed to look like this:

4116_0_6_3_fzr%201000_F.%20Palmer.jpg

I am continuing to find a lot of duds on craigslist. There are some good gems to be found for sure, but it is astounding 1) how poorly taken care of some of the bikes are and 2) how some of these guys really think someone is going to overpay for them that way. Maybe some do?

I am continuing to find a lot of duds on craigslist. There are some good gems to be found for sure, but it is astounding 1) how poorly taken care of some of the bikes are and 2) how some of these guys really think someone is going to overpay for them that way. Maybe some do?

Really check out Houston. They have TONS of bikes for sale and lots of salvage titles (if you want to go that way). I nearly made the drive to H Town a few times before because there are so many bikes going so cheap.
A second thing that I was just about to do before I bought the R1 was to go with an auto dealer to go to one of those auto auctions. If you buy a bike - pay them a few hundred. If you don't - you go for the ride. I was going to offer to drive cars back that were bought at auction to the lot as part of the deal. I have heard several people say that bikes go dirt cheap at these events.

That's a shame. That '94 was a very nice bike back in the day and even today it's still pretty competent (but a little heavy). I owned a '92, which was basically the same bike, and it was a great bike...

That's a shame. That '94 was a very nice bike back in the day and even today it's still pretty competent (but a little heavy). I owned a '92, which was basically the same bike, and it was a great bike...

Yah, this one was just being kept outside. I had my hopes up, but it had so many problems from neglect. It wasn't being ridden. :cry:

Back