Reverting back from naked

Sevinsky

Hey everyone, tis the season to be modding! Currently my bike is naked, I don't care for this style too much, even though it looks very nice. I want to pick up the red and white striped Yamaha retro body kit to install onto it. Thing is I have no idea how to remove the naked headlight and install the new front fairing... And install the new lights... Can anyone help me on this issue?

-Sevinsky

The kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-FZ-1...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbdba56fc

Hey everyone, tis the season to be modding! Currently my bike is naked, I don't care for this style too much, even though it looks very nice. I want to pick up the red and white striped Yamaha retro body kit to install onto it. Thing is I have no idea how to remove the naked headlight and install the new front fairing... And install the new lights... Can anyone help me on this issue?

-Sevinsky

The kit
YAMAHA FZ-1 RETRO BODY KIT FITS 2006-2011 FZ-1'S INCLUDES TANK, FAIRING,COWLS + | eBay

Well if you're serious about going through with the conversion then I suggest you pick up the "retro" kit ASAP since it has been discontinued by Yamaha. Once the current supply in the warehouses and dealers is gone it will be too late...

You will need the original faired headlight and stay bracket as well as mirrors and all attaching hardware. One suggestion would be to remove the naked headlight (and all other hardware used in the naked conversion) and selling it to recoup some money.

I've never done the conversion, but there are some people that have done the "naked" conversion so going back to the faired look would just be the reversal. Here is a link showing the "naked" conversion:

FZ1 naked euro conversion "how to" with pictures - FZ1OA Message Board

I guess the most difficult part would be getting all the "missing" hardware that you'll need. An idea would be to advertize the naked kit and see if someone is willing to swap the parts from their faired bike with you. This way you'll be assured to get all the parts you'll need...

I'll trade ya, got every thing you need. Head light, brackets, inner fairings, stock turn signals, hard ware, ect... every thing off the front of my faired bike. You can pm me if interested.

Maybe I could just install a windshield to the headlight instead of putting the front fairing on? It would be easier.. A little more costly though and I'd have that front fairing just sitting around useless.. But it'd be incredibly easier..
Thoughts?

Maybe I could just install a windshield to the headlight instead of putting the front fairing on? It would be easier.. A little more costly though and I'd have that front fairing just sitting around useless.. But it'd be incredibly easier..
Thoughts?

Well some of the fly screens for the FZ1-N will offer a little protection, but never as good as the faired version. Still your best option might be the swap.

Just in case here's a couple that don't look bad:

Definitely will do, that won't be til February, but right now I'm repainting te current kit all white, so I'll post some pics of that as I make progress.

Looks good, but extremely impractical... If you want a naked, get a tuono or the triumph street/speedie or brutale...

Or buy a FZ1n. The best naked around bang for bucks $$$ . Ive ridden all of the above and my modded FZ1 nails them all in performance, handling, build quality and reliability except for the MV but its twice the $$$.

There are a few different fly screen options for naked Personally, ive never had a problem with wind blast. If your riding on a regular basis 250+ on the road you may want to consider life insurance, save it for trackdays.

Last edited:
Back