Replacing my Beloved FZ

OK, now I'm home and can see the pictures. It is a sweet looking bike. I've never been a fan of V-Twins, but I'm sure the Italians get more out of them than American or even Jap versions. The V-4 is more appealing to me, but I wouldn't turn the twin down. Let us know all about it. I've very curious to hear your thoughts compared to the I-4. :thewave:

Its been over a month since she was taken from me. I cant tell you how much I miss her. She was mine and fit like a glove. This is why I couldn't get another. I did okay with the ins but still lost a bunch. It would just plain cost too much to do another and not having one exactly like her would just not be the same.

So today a friend went and gave a detailed inspection of the new ride. Its a 07 with 4,000 miles, she is unmolested. I pick it up a week from friday. I'm in WV right now and have to go to hailfax soon as I get home on Monday.

Was at the cycle exchange today in Andover NJ and saw your bike.......very nice! They have it behind ropes with a sign that reads "i belong to John E".

V-twin sweetness

That is a beauty. Having a bike stolen really sucks, but you are getting a beauty in it's place. Like another member said, "welcome to the v-twin world!". Now I just have to convince you to go all out and get a V-Twin dirt bike.:evillaugh:

I love the sound from the air box as the twin starts to really work on a grade with the throttle twisted wide open. The sound from the pipes is nice as well, so different from the howl that came out of my FZ (with the MIVV).

Last edited:
I feel for you man. My 09 FZ1 was just stolen 10 days ago. Good luck with the Ape. I considered a Tuono but most of my miles are commuting so I'm staying away from the exotic and sticking with the everyday Jap bike. Maybe the new Ninja or Z1K.

Anyway, glad the Ins is taking care of you. If you try to spin this into a positive,,,,, the new bike is kind of a silver lining to the turmoil you just went through, Right?

Last edited:
Looks like a Factory Model. Expensive to maintain, I heard. Good luck.

There is no difference in maintenance between Aprilia models. If I had to buy an Italian bike, I would purchase an Aprilia. They are the most reliable among the Euro makers, maybe even more than Triumph. Only issue is parts availability which is OK for someone who has multiple bikes in his garage. He can as well enjoy other bikes in the meanwhile.

Congratulations on picking up a beautiful bike. I have never ridden one, but have been riding with a people that have one. They squirt out of the corners great. Your will love that!

Wow

Very cool but.... Be prepared for a lot of maintenance. The service intervals aren't as long as the Yamaha's and my boss' bike seems to always be broke or in the shop all the time! I sincerely hope you have better luck.

It is because of my boss that I have the FZ1. I was all set to get the Aprilia Shiver 750 but after long talks with him, he convinced me to stay with the Japanese and forget about Italy. ;)

One of the BEST LOOKING bikes I have ever seen.

My buddy has one of those Aprillias. He has the blue wheels, but his body work is red with a lions head decal in it.

I drove it. I don't like the seating position personally but it has a nice pickup and handles like a dream.

Best of luck with it. Just caught your thread about your baby being stolen. So sorry to hear that.

Back