replacement foot peg suggestions for gen1?

stretch

I've managed to grind enough from my stock foot pegs that it is becoming an issue (about 1/3 gone on the left). I've ordered 2 sets of replacement foot pegs off eBay and neither one has fit correctly.
Do any of you have a set of replacement folding foot pegs that you are happy with and can recommend. Grip should be the first priority as I have had my boot slip off a peg knee down mid corner before, and that is an experience I would not like to repeat. A little extra cornering clearance would be nice to but not at the expense of leg room (ie. rear sets).

Now that's funny.
I just bought that very set.
$(KGrHqUOKogE4uZJD(EgBOSt2OFH)w~~0_1.JPG

do not buy thesethey are complete garbage. Now I have to waste more of my own money to ship them back and hope for a refund.
the peg screws on to the mounts and the tapped holes in the pegs were not drilled straight so they are cocked off at funny angles. Then the pivoting part is too small so the pegs droop downward when installed.

I also tried these
bd5a17bca84c47e0933bde45c0859b09

but the holes were too big and the area where the spring went was much too small. They were cheap so I didn't bother trying to return them.

I've had these on a previous bike but found them to provide less grip then I like
pegsround.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for tying though. I am realy hoping to hear from someone who has installed and had a positive experience with a specific footpeg.

Last edited:
I'm glad you are happy with them.
instalation was not an issue (except requiring loctite like you said). I just would like a surface that was not so smooth. I didn't find these confidence inspiring when moving around on the bike alot during more agressive riding. better then the stock rubber covered pegs, but I want more.

How about Pro-tek footpegs

I have the Pro-Tek on my '02.......for a little over a year.....perfect fit, no modding, plug and play......i got them for about 1/2 price on ebay after going through your dilemma.
Finnally found a pair that fit right.
If you want pics, let me know.

I have the Pro-Tek on my '02.......for a little over a year.....perfect fit, no modding, plug and play......i got them for about 1/2 price on ebay after going through your dilemma.
Finnally found a pair that fit right.
If you want pics, let me know.

pics would be great thanks. How's grip?

Wtf

Pro tek foot pegs arrived today.
When installed the left side foot pegs is at a strange angle to the ground. I have now wasted my money on 4 different sets of useless foot pegs for this bike and am starting to get a little annoyed. Does anyone have any experience with a foot peg that when installed on a gen1 sits parallel to the ground and at the proper angle.

Last edited:
update

well at least this ebay seller is easy to deal with. I just recieved this email,

ebay seller said:
Hold off on sending them back. I will ship out the pegs to you. I will notify the manufacturer of the issue on Monday. I believe it is just a bad peg as I have sold many without issue. Thanks, Ben.

I guess I'll give them another try.

well at least this ebay seller is easy to deal with. I just recieved this email,

I guess I'll give them another try.

Stretch....the pegs are good......they are adjustable......you can rotate them to any angle and a full 360 degrees
You have to take the rearsets off...the peg hinge has a bolt on the back of the rear set.

Stretch....the pegs are good......they are adjustable......you can rotate them to any angle and a full 360 degrees
You have to take the rearsets off...the peg hinge has a bolt on the back of the rear set.

Hey I just looked at my pegs...I remember how I did it.
You do not have to remove the rear sets.
With the pegs off just put a wrench between the slots and turn it either way, or with the pegs on use an big adjustable and turn it by the main unit.
If yours are really tight you may have to loosen it.

Back