Rate your Internet Provider

Cablevision.

My modem crapped out on me the other day so I sent Richie for a new one. It looks like my speed is up a little bit from before. I can work with that!

2069597904.png

I just upgraded. I know this thread is old, but what is everyone getting now? I was at 8-12 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up.

This is a huge improvement and I'm only supose to get 50 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up.

Looking through some of the tests, I can't believe some of the upload speeds of 25 Mbps up! wow (and Kohl's speed must be fiber!)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2463954938.png

Cox Cable Internet - Phoenix

The biggest thing for internet speed, especially those of use with wireless is investing in a good router. I had netgear n300 router and was constantly frustrated puting up 110-5 download and 4-5 upload. I bought a n900 (Asus N66RT) and have been happier than a pig in $hit. I get high 25s-low35s download and 15-25 upload. I think I'm only paying for 27 down and 6 upload. So I either hit the baseline of what I pay for and then often get higher. Also the signal strength on the router is much better because it is a dual band model. I can switch over to the 5ghz frequency and there is less traffic on there.

EDIT/HELP: Can someone please tell me why it is that everytime I try to use the badges from other sites that I only get the web address that pops up and not the actual badge?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2463954938.png

Cox Cable Internet - Phoenix

The biggest thing for internet speed, especially those of use with wireless is investing in a good router. I had netgear n300 router and was constantly frustrated puting up 110-5 download and 4-5 upload. I bought a n900 (Asus N66RT) and have been happier than a pig in $hit. I get high 25s-low35s download and 15-25 upload. I think I'm only paying for 27 down and 6 upload. So I either hit the baseline of what I pay for and then often get higher. Also the signal strength on the router is much better because it is a dual band model. I can switch over to the 5ghz frequency and there is less traffic on there.

EDIT/HELP: Can someone please tell me why it is that everytime I try to use the badges from other sites that I only get the web address that pops up and not the actual badge?

I've never been on the fuelly site, but you may have to choose the "direct" link if there is one and paste that on into your badge section?? Not sure but thats how it works with the images.

It was also for the speedtest.net

I did select the BB code for the Fuelly site. Under my "user CP" and the signature it has this for my permissions "Allow Image BB Code No" I'm guessing that I just don't have the permission.

Your upload is horrible. Were you uploading a video to a server or something when you tested. I could not live with that. I get annoyed if my upload ever drops below 5 mb.

Nope... This is my home connection which i dont use for any up or download.
I do that from my computer at the office. I'll test that connection tomorrow...

Nope... This is my home connection which i dont use for any up or download.
I do that from my computer at the office. I'll test that connection tomorrow...

I just saw you're in Turkey. My internet 6 years ago was about the same as yours, 15-20 down and 1-2 up. Live is so much better at higher upload speeds. My speeds consistently clocks in around 25 down and 15 up (I only pay for 5 up, which is awesome). I upload to youtube and am on the forum a lot so it's nice to have the extra MB

I just saw you're in Turkey. My internet 6 years ago was about the same as yours, 15-20 down and 1-2 up. Live is so much better at higher upload speeds. My speeds consistently clocks in around 25 down and 15 up (I only pay for 5 up, which is awesome). I upload to youtube and am on the forum a lot so it's nice to have the extra MB

A couple of years ago it was even worse..

I don't even remember when i last uploaded sth. i don't even have a facebook account so my life is still bearable =)
Besides the local Fazer forum and this place here i'm pretty much asocial when it comes to social media...

Back