R1S new FZ1?

So when you look at Yamaha's site there is no listing for a 2016 FZ1. However they are putting out the R1S while it may not be near as comfy as the fz I can't help but wonder if its the replacement for a gen III fz1.
Heavier connecting rods, lower revs, all aluminum instead of titanium. Sounds fairly similar to the setup of the fz.

Yamaha has a history of doing models like this. When they released the current R6 back in 2006, they also introduced the R6S which was basically a previous-generation R6 with a few updates. This R1S is still a sport bike although I can't help but wonder if that drivetrain would be destined for a new FZ1.

Last edited:
Yamaha has a history of doing models like this. When they released the current R6 back in 2006, they also introduced the R6S which was basically a previous-generation R6 with a few updates. This R1S is still a sport bike although I can't help but wonder if that drivetrain would be destined for a new FZ1.
I can imagine the R1S with touring bars, a softer suspension and bikini fairing as the new FZ1. Would be pretty cool and would not cost much engineering for Yamaha.
One can only hope :)

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

Back