Questions regarding FZ1 current Cruiser rider. (FZ6 riders please chime in)

All around, I just feel the FZ1 is the best bike I've ever owned. :

Now that I can agree with :tup: I've owned quite a few bikes and the FZ1 is in my eyes without a doubt the best all around bike I've owned.

Some were faster, some slower. Better handling and worse. More comfortable and less but the FZ1 sure is a great compromise.

Have to admit that I also need a bike the looks good to ME ! Something that gets the heart pumping when I look at it. The Ninja 1000 and Z1000 were on my list of possibility's. They may be better bikes in SOME areas but they just dont do it for me. The Z1000 looks like a transformer to me and the Ninja 1000........ Well I've already been warned by a moderator to tone it down and keep it civil . So lets just say I don't care for the look of the Ninja in person. No offense intended to Z1000 owners or Ninja owners.
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. I like brunettes you may like blondes.

May be shallow but I like my bikes just like I like my women...sexy in my eyes !

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I can agree with :tup: I've owned quite a few bikes and the FZ1 is in my eyes without a doubt the best all around bike I've owned.

Some were faster, some slower. Better handling and worse. More comfortable and less but the FZ1 sure is a great compromise.

Have to admit that I also need a bike the looks good to ME ! Something that gets the heart pumping when I look at it. The Ninja 1000 and Z1000 were on my list of possibility's. They may be better bikes in SOME areas but they just dont do it for me. The Z1000 looks like a transformer to me and the Ninja 1000........ Well I've already been warned by a moderator to tone it down and keep it civil . So lets just say I don't care for the look of the Ninja in person. No offense intended to Z1000 owners or Ninja owners.
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. I like brunettes you may like blondes.

May be shallow but I like my bikes just like I like my women...sexy in my eyes !

Yep, I agree....however, blondes, brunettes, redheads...women...I like em all. I just wish these ladies would ask their boobs to stop staring at my eyes.:smokin2:

Guys, let's keep it civil around here. Enough with the childish behavior. Neither of you has been around here too long, but this is not tolerated around here.

We can all state our opinions and disagree, but there's not need to insult anybody...

Easy solution. It's called the "ignore list". Ironic since I've been on FZ6 forum for 3 years and have not had to add a single user to ignore list there.

Eric, all members and the poor guy who's thread we've ruined. I would like to offer my sincere apology. I'm 41 and seemed to get a bad case of dyslexia yesterday and thought I was 14. :disturbed

Sometimes its easy to forget my opinion is not the only one. :doh2:
Learned years ago that you should just state your opinion once and its out of your control if others can not see how truly brilliant you are. :lol:

Kidding aside..

Forums like this are wonderful because EVERYONE gets to share their opinion.
Some civil discussion is all that should of followed after I felt insulted but I took the low road. Sorry about that Eric ( and everyone ).

Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Heck Eric we can't be that different we were both smart enough to purchase an FZ1.
:noworries:

I too am 49 and have been riding since 16 and have to say my FZ1 is hands down the best all around bike I have owned. Sure I have been tempted after riding a couple of Ducati's and new BMW's but as soon as I get back on my bike those thoughts quickly fade away. I have mine geared down so you are in the power way under 8g's besides who the heck needs a bike that does 290 KPH when 250 KPH will still put you in jail. I ride 5 to 600 KM a week mostly highway and usually in the 80MPH range and this bike flat out rocks.
As for 600 verses 1000 without a doubt go with the 1000. As we say in snowmobiling you can never have too much power specially when you need it to get out of trouble. No matter what anyone says here ride them both, no one should ever make a purchase decision without time in the saddle.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Today I purchased 2008 fz6 with 2k miles. Honestly, I think I would abuse too much power if I had bought the fz1. I have a wife and 2 kids and really wanted something I can enjoy riding without getting myself into a jam.

My .2cents on fz6

The foot pegs location is getting used to especially riding cruisers, the brake foot peg feels a bit flimsy. the handlebars feel like the motorycle simulation game found at an arcade.

When I let go of accelerator bike seems to slow down quickly.

Have not hit over 8k yet so still getting use to it.

Thx again for everyone's input.

Hi guys,

Today I purchased 2008 fz6 with 2k miles. Honestly, I think I would abuse too much power if I had bought the fz1. I have a wife and 2 kids and really wanted something I can enjoy riding without getting myself into a jam.

My .2cents on fz6

The foot pegs location is getting used to especially riding cruisers, the brake foot peg feels a bit flimsy. the handlebars feel like the motorycle simulation game found at an arcade.

When I let go of accelerator bike seems to slow down quickly.

Have not hit over 8k yet so still getting use to it.

Thx again for everyone's input.

Congratulations on your new bike :stunta]:

Enjoy it, have fun and be safe !!

I should also mention that the FZ1 likes a lot of rpm for power, over 8000 rpm. The bike is a little weak on bottom end/midrange power.

You have been riding cruisers that usually have good low end power. The fz1 may feel weak to you without revving it.

I can certainly agree with that!

If you're pulling out stumps or towing 18 wheel semi-trailers; you will certainly want to get above 8000 RPM.

On the other hand, and for normal road riding conditions; you can toss that out the window. I think 5000 RPM is "about" 70 MPH and this isn't a 125cc two-stroke. I can roll on the throttle and be doing Mach 1 point 5 in about 3 tenths of a second. However, it is somewhat slower when towing a semi-trailer.

My 2002 Gen 1 is like having an electric motor with unlimited torque and I seldom have need of seeing 8000 RPM.

We have a lot of famous riding terrain around here and it is common to come into a blind curve and find out at the last moment that it becomes a climbing right hander. No problem. Just roll on some of the available power and you're accelerating up the hill.

On the other hand, when I'm towing 18 wheelers out of the ditch; it's a good idea to keep it above 8K RPM.

With all due respect to fellow forum members, it may be worth the price of a tuneup if you have no reasonable power below 8000 RPM but I have not had the same experience.

I can certainly agree with that!

If you're pulling out stumps or towing 18 wheel semi-trailers; you will certainly want to get above 8000 RPM.

On the other hand, and for normal road riding conditions; you can toss that out the window. I think 5000 RPM is "about" 70 MPH and this isn't a 125cc two-stroke. I can roll on the throttle and be doing Mach 1 point 5 in about 3 tenths of a second. However, it is somewhat slower when towing a semi-trailer.

My 2002 Gen 1 is like having an electric motor with unlimited torque and I seldom have need of seeing 8000 RPM.

We have a lot of famous riding terrain around here and it is common to come into a blind curve and find out at the last moment that it becomes a climbing right hander. No problem. Just roll on some of the available power and you're accelerating up the hill.

On the other hand, when I'm towing 18 wheelers out of the ditch; it's a good idea to keep it above 8K RPM.

With all due respect to fellow forum members, it may be worth the price of a tuneup if you have no reasonable power below 8000 RPM but I have not had the same experience.

I very much agree. Even on the FZ6, those high RPM's turns that bike into a monster for most riders. No, not for professionals and people with a ton of riding experience under their belt with fast bikes but for most of us the FZ6 and particularly the FZ1 can turn from a chihuahua to an 800 pound Rottweiler after 8000 RPM's. Even goofing around down here, racing from light to light on US1 with the other bikes and suped up cars I don't think I've hit 8000 RPM's too many times in any gear. The Original Poster picked the perfect bike for his needs in my opinion.

Back