Problems with idle - installed ivans kit and ...

Careful when drilling and deburring. If you overdo it on the holes, you'll screw the carbs up. Follow Ivan's directions to a "T" when drilling and you won't go wrong.

By the way, I have Ivan's kit and no stumble in 1st

Edit:

Just read 2nd page of posts. Try doing a dynamic TPS adjustment. Ivan does recommend it. Call him if you need to. Then balance the carbs after that.

Last edited:
I was playing with it a little and got it little better, but still feels to rich. I decided to give it to a shop. I asked them to just sync the carb get the mixture right. The guys asked what jet i installed. I told Ivans he didnt know what it is he said I told to get dynojet. Anyhow they wanted to take the carbs out and check the whole thing and it might take whole day. So from 1 shop hr I was expecting to pay them to do tune up it went quickly up to few hours and who know maybe the guy will insist on changing the jet kit. He also said it would be better put different air filter. The guy pretty much the guy turned me off enough to just take the bike out off there. I think he might be a good mechanic but doesn't seem open minded and I dont like that kind of people :)

Right now the mix is to rich, I still stutters a little when going off and weird thing when I give more throttle (pass half throttle) it will actually decelerate. Also feels like it making a "lot of noise" for nothing.

I was playing with it a little and got it little better, but still feels to rich. I decided to give it to a shop. I asked them to just sync the carb get the mixture right. The guys asked what jet i installed. I told Ivans he didnt know what it is he said I told to get dynojet. Anyhow they wanted to take the carbs out and check the whole thing and it might take whole day. So from 1 shop hr I was expecting to pay them to do tune up it went quickly up to few hours and who know maybe the guy will insist on changing the jet kit. He also said it would be better put different air filter. The guy pretty much the guy turned me off enough to just take the bike out off there. I think he might be a good mechanic but doesn't seem open minded and I dont like that kind of people :)

Right now the mix is to rich, I still stutters a little when going off and weird thing when I give more throttle (pass half throttle) it will actually decelerate. Also feels like it making a "lot of noise" for nothing.

Just remember that once you drill the passages in the carbs for Ivan's kit that it probably won't work with any one elses jet kit. Most other kits don't drill anything. I'm telling you, you have to call Ivan and ask him the mixture screw setting, then set it to that and get a carb sync tool and sync them up and you'll be fine.

YZFRiderNY it's just that I got little tired of dealing with it. I do have the carb sync (motion pro) and once i fired her up it just seems to take the liquid in to the hoses. Here in florida with no garage when you do all that in the sun it gets bored very quickly. I had the pilot screw at 4,5 turn at first than start going down.

I guess I will try one more time to play with the mixture and keep looking for someone that worked with Ivans kit

YZFRiderNY it's just that I got little tired of dealing with it. I do have the carb sync (motion pro) and once i fired her up it just seems to take the liquid in to the hoses. Here in florida with no garage when you do all that in the sun it gets bored very quickly. I had the pilot screw at 4,5 turn at first than start going down.

I guess I will try one more time to play with the mixture and keep looking for someone that worked with Ivans kit

What do you mean by "taking the liquid in the hoses" on the Motion Pro?? Bud, don't give up. If you know that you did everything to the letter on the jet kit, then it should be as simple as setting the TPS and synching the carbs. You'll get it don't worry.

the liquid in the carb sync should go just have way to the scale and show the vacuum but in my case it went all the way up, up to hoses attached to boots.

the liquid in the carb sync should go just have way to the scale and show the vacuum but in my case it went all the way up, up to hoses attached to boots.
Yolmen, it sounds like your carbs are seriously out of sync... I would recomend only trying 2 carbs at a time... 1 to 2 first.. 3 to 4, then 2 to 3.. baby steps.. one can get a little worked up if they attempt all four at once. I have done it a few times on my two 03 FZ using a simple manometer I made for under $10.

Yea I will try to sync them once I get the mixture right. Right now I'm at 3,5 turn it feels better but I turned it still little down and it started getting rush, it will hang on 3k rpm and it smells rich (weird) I think I will get the carbs partially out to just make sure all pilot screws are at the same level (I have motion pro pilot screw adjuster but its kinda hard to fell when it grabs the screw)

Also my main issues also is I have this weird dead spot 6 to 7k rpm you can just fell it slowing down a little ( I saying its taking a second breath) and than pass 7k it hit again. Not sure what causing that , it was happening before re-jetting to. Also i get weird surge when I move my throttle half way it's weird

Nice!
I bought my FZ1 used about 3 years ago. I had similar issues. The previous owner installed the EXUP cables BACKWARDS as well! So now I check everything!!!

Back