Please keep my friend in your thoughts and prayers.

RavenFZ1

A friend and co-worker of mine was in a wreck on his motorcycle with his wife while vacationing in North Carolina. He was getting on the Blue Ridge Parkway (a two lane road). A smaller SUV travelling in the opposite direction turned left in front of him. They hit the right passenger door. he took most of the impact, which helped protect his wife.
At last word, about mid-night he was in critical but stable condition. Doctors were encouraged but reserved. He sustained head and shoulder injuries and is currently in neurological ICU in a major trauma hospital.
He is an ATGATT kind of guy and wears a full-face helmet, so I can only imagine it would have been worse if he were wearing an open-face helmet. He has taken this trip the past couple of years and I know he really looks forward to it all year, I will pray that he has full recovery and is able to ride again as he loves to do and that his wife will find some peace and comfort during this hard time.

Link to article here http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20101028/NEWS01/101028023/1007/COLUMNISTS

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear that Raven. I'll send along my prayers for a good outcome for the both of them. Thats gotta be the number one killer of motorcyclists for sure. Very unfortunate. Keep us informed as to their conditions.

Terrible news

I hope your friends make a full and speedy recovery, good to hear they were wearing the proper gear to minimize the damage. I send my best wishes for them both.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'll pray to a speedy recovery for him. My first motorcycle accident years ago was very similar. Car traveling in the opposite direction making a left turn. Claimed he didn't see me. Luckily I was not seriously hurt. Now every time I see someone making a left turn I am very cautious as I approach them...

RE: Recovery

Tragic for sure. So sorry to hear this Raven.
Of course, we here in my family will keep them in our prayers.
May God Bless them and keep them.

They have all our thoughts and prayers from NH with them. I am very sorry that this happened and hope only the best outcome possible in their future.

I'll be thinking about them.

The parkway this time of year is horrible for drivers. I live right off the parkway and ride it every day. When the leafers come, they drive 20 below the limit and are never paying attention to the actual road. I've had to avoid wrecks a ton this season. I get really angry reading stuff like this because its mostly out of state drivers (read: FL) that come up here to ride the parkway and they aren't great drivers in the first place.

/rant

Update: They were able to work on his arm yesterday and he has a metal plate holding his upper arm together and they reattached the ligament to his finger. They are still keeping him sedated to keep his blood pressure and heart rate down. They are looking at performing the facial surgery next week and said he is young, healthy, and in great shape and is on track neurologically given this type of trauma. Here is a link to the news report regarding the accident WLOS ABC 13 News :: Top Stories - Crash Shuts Down Parkway Although the SUV pulled out in front of his bike at the last second, the cop makes a comment about obeying the speed limit when a much more helpful and relevant comment would have been to remind cagers to look twice before pulling out and to share the road with motorcycles.

I hate hearing of any motorcycle crash but I wish both a speedy recovery.
What gets me is how car drivers dont seem to see bikes?
Just a thought, But how many motorcycle riders here have had a crash with a bike when driving a car?
It just seems to me that people who dont ride dont look out for bikes.

Last edited:
Back