Plans To Repaint- Cause: Girlfriend

About a month ago we had a day where it got up into the low 70s and I took my bike out of the garage and my girlfriend and I used it to go run a few errands with a backpack.
Long story short, we forgot something and came back, I parked on a maybe 5% downhill grade and she pushed on the bike just hard enough while I was inside getting something and it fell.
This might not of been so bad, but I had my frame sliders off at the time because I had just bought new ones and my front fairing, lower crowl, and passenger hand grabs got scuffed/scraped and had some paint come off.

I already had been throwing the idea around in my head to have it painted another color. So now I will just buy a FZ1N conversion kit for the front (love the look and feel of riding bikes with no front windscreen) and have it repainted.
About what does it cost to have the bike in question repainted?

The first picture is of my bike when I first brought it home next to my cage.
Second picture is of what I would have the rear seat area, tank, piece in front of the tank, and the front wheel mud guard? (don't know what they're called, never looked into it much) I will be getting rid of the lower crowl
Third picture is the color I'll be painting the wheels, front forks, and a few other items possibly. Will throw in some white accents here and there to pull it all together.

I think it was just a little over $400 for the paint when I did mine. Some paint colors cost more than others. Then it just depends on how much the painter charges.

I think it was just a little over $400 for the paint when I did mine. Some paint colors cost more than others. Then it just depends on how much the painter charges.

That's not bad at all, did you have it done by a professional shop or someone you know? I won't be taking it to a body shop as they are all pretty sub-par where I live.
As long as it's near $400 an extra hundred or two for those paint colors is not an issue.

with those colors you will have a condo in miami ready for you in no time.

What, you don't like the color choice? I think it should stand out and look great! As many times as I have people almost kill me because they don't check their mirrors, I think I need to stand out a little bit more lol.

That's not bad at all, did you have it done by a professional shop or someone you know? I won't be taking it to a body shop as they are all pretty sub-par where I live.
As long as it's near $400 an extra hundred or two for those paint colors is not an issue.[/QUOTE
It was done in a professional shop, but it was a freind so he only charged me $200.
Looking forward to see the colors on the bike.

It was done in a professional shop, but it was a freind so he only charged me $200.
Looking forward to see the colors on the bike.

I'll be having someone I know locally do it. He has a paint booth in his shop (kinda a garage guy) but I've seen him color match better than the idiot body shops that have worked on my car.

What, you don't like the color choice? I think it should stand out and look great! As many times as I have people almost kill me because they don't check their mirrors, I think I need to stand out a little bit more lol.

The colors are bright, more a Miami or maybe L.A. type feel to them. I like black/gray/silver for my colors. Just how I am.

I'd be interrested to see how it all turns out and agree a white powder coat to the rims would be a nice finishing touch.

As for traffic I never ride in blind spots, give less than a second whenever going by somebody and will gladly take a speeding ticket instead of getting hit.

I've always been a fan of blue bikes but i'm not sure about the orange.
blue and orange, too colorful for my taste... but thats just my idea...

if you have a graphics designer or photoshop guy may be you can ask him to do some layouts to see how its going to look before you do the actual paint job...

but in the end go for what ever makes you smile more when you look at the bike...

That blue color with white rims would look wicked.

The colors are bright, more a Miami or maybe L.A. type feel to them. I like black/gray/silver for my colors. Just how I am.

I'd be interrested to see how it all turns out and agree a white powder coat to the rims would be a nice finishing touch.

As for traffic I never ride in blind spots, give less than a second whenever going by somebody and will gladly take a speeding ticket instead of getting hit.

I thought about white wheels, but decided I wanted more pop. I will be throwing some white in the mix though for sure to pull it all together. White wheels will get too dirty I feel and be a real pain to keep clean.
I am just figuring I'll go with out there colors that I haven't seen before. I think it will look pretty good all said and done though.

I usually do that now though to avoid getting hit. However, I try not to push my luck too much. Because if I get another ticket, I'll spend 85 days in county so...

I usually do that now though to avoid getting hit. However, I try not to push my luck too much. Because if I get another ticket, I'll spend 85 days in county so...

WTF, wow, just plain wow, how long do you have for that probation, or those points to go away?

I know what you're saying about the white wheels, my buddy has a GSXR 1000 with white marchenisi wheels on it. When they are dirty they look like $hit, but when they are clean, they are awesome looking. BTW did you realize the blue and orange with white is really close to some of the GSXR paint schemes throughout the years.

WTF, wow, just plain wow, how long do you have for that probation, or those points to go away?

Two years on that, I got bent over and screwed hard on a 20 over ticket in the cage. 3 points, an evasion charge (which was total bullshit because the cop was incontinent and his dashcam wasn't even working which is why I am even more pissed because I know I wasn't running) and a probation violation. Cost me around $2,000 all said in done, 20 hours community service, driver improvement program, and I had to spend five days in county. All because the highway patrol officer didn't use his stupid lights or sirens.

Two years on that, I got bent over and screwed hard on a 20 over ticket in the cage. 3 points, an evasion charge (which was total bullshit because the cop was incontinent and his dashcam wasn't even working which is why I am even more pissed because I know I wasn't running) and a probation violation. Cost me around $2,000 all said in done, 20 hours community service, driver improvement program, and I had to spend five days in county. All because the highway patrol officer didn't use his stupid lights or sirens.

Sounds like entrapment if the lights and siren weren't on, nice way for the popo to run up the tab. "Bill and Collect" the new police motto. Scottsdale PD have told me that they are "required" (unspoken rule) to give out a ticket for every stop they make. I know this isn't always true becuase about 2 years ago I got to walk home instead of getting a DUI (I was under the legal limit and passed the field sobriety but they threatened me with it anyway).

Back