Pic of the luggage on my FZ1

Hi all, a while back I was asking suggestions on luggage options so I thought I'd post a pic of what I came up with. DryRider rear bag and motocentric tank bag. I'm heading off for 3 days and it easily fits everything!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 221
Do yourself a favor and get GIVI bags and topcase. That other stuff gets old quick. You can lock your stuff in the GIVI equipment and it looks great.

photo.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Cortech side bags and they worked well, stayed dry in the rain with the supplied covers and held a decent amount of gear. However, they could not hold a helmet and was a bit of a hassle to mount. I use my bike to commute and want to carry more stuff.

Solution, I bought the GIVI V35 bags with the inner bags. Wonderful system, locks your gear up, fits a helmet, easy to remove or just leave them on. I haven't noticed any real drop in fuel mileage and they really don't affect the handling at 80mph but may increase side wind effect. I have the removable frame but haven't taken them off since installation.

Sold the Cortech bags.

As someone that has V35's and an E52, a roomy duffle is in some ways better than V35's. You can fit more into it without learning origami, the V35's are oddly shaped and a pain to efficiently use all the space in them. There's also the matter of getting stuff on and off the bike. I always feel like an idiot having to make two trips to take three bags off the bike.

No need for the big specific bags though, any regular sporting goods duffle works fine and is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Trust me, I use the duffy too. The V35s fit an R1100 helmet and the tail bag (I can't remember the size) holds another helmet. Packing, no matter how it is done on a bike, has to be well planned and laid out correctly. The hard bags just allow more and lockable storage. Many times I have had all hard bags tail bag, duffy and tank bag filled up.

I have the V35 inner bags and those really simplify packing. Fill the bag which is shaped to fit in the hard case, lock it in and go. When arriving at the hotel, open the case grab both bags and with the shoulder straps carry them to your room.

Funny thing is that the inner bags have a lot of reflective piping.

I have the V35 inner bags and those really simplify packing. Fill the bag which is shaped to fit in the hard case, lock it in and go. When arriving at the hotel, open the case grab both bags and with the shoulder straps carry them to your room.

Funny thing is that the inner bags have a lot of reflective piping.

Always wondered about the inner bags, how much space do they take up?

Back