pic of my trip to the dragon

fazertazer1

Hey guys just figured I woukd share some pictures of my trip to the dragon/north carolina/tennesse. It was a blast. Best riding I have ever done. I'm going to make it a point to go back every year.

uploadfromtaptalk1400332919987.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400332956420.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333014015.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333088381.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333115826.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333142317.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333179134.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333216267.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333252967.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400333283610.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

John & I were supposed to cross that off our bucket list this month, but my dog got sick, so it'll have to wait awhile.
BTW, if you think the Dragon is awesome, you should visit Colorado and ride our Million Dollar Highway! ;)

Yzfriderny it was the most enjoyable riding I have ever done for sure.

Lytehouse that sucks. I highly suggest going and I would like to make it out there. I know a guy who just moved out there. He had a fz6 sold it and bought an fz09 he's been putting pictures on fb and it looks awesome.

Thanks for the pics! Some day I'll head way out east and try this famous road. The problem is, the west coast has too many epic roads! Makes it hard to leave

Awesome pictures! I have ridden the dragon 2 different occasions on 2 different bikes but never my FZ1. Just as said earlier, it was my most enjoyable riding experience. I cant wait to go again. Thanks for sharing the pics.

No we didn't get a chance to ride it at night. But we did talk to a guy the was with a mini Cooper rally while we were there that said is was pretty intense at night.

Matt c I really enjoyed my fz1 on the dragon but I just enjoy my fz1 anyways lol

gap

we just got back, yes the skyway was a blast but blueridge pkwy, whala rd , 28 etc were all a blast not to mention the dragon.

Attachments

• the dragon.jpg
    the dragon.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 77
Looks like you had a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3's for the trip. That's what I plan to put on for my Dragon trip, then it's back to the Pilot Roads for all the straight, boring, IL roads. It looks like they got toasty and sticky. I'd love to hear about the tire performance.

I wish I was going with sport bikes, but I'm with a bunch of cruisers. I will say one of them owned an FZ1 for a time, but his wife likes to ride on the back and she made him change bikes. They are an aggressive bunch of cruiser riders, but I imagine their limits will be exceeded at the dragon.

Looks like you had a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3's for the trip. That's what I plan to put on for my Dragon trip, then it's back to the Pilot Roads for all the straight, boring, IL roads. It looks like they got toasty and sticky. I'd love to hear about the tire performance.

I wish I was going with sport bikes, but I'm with a bunch of cruisers. I will say one of them owned an FZ1 for a time, but his wife likes to ride on the back and she made him change bikes. They are an aggressive bunch of cruiser riders, but I imagine their limits will be exceeded at the dragon.

Actually the tires are pilot pure's. Never had a traction problem wet or dry. Its hard to use all of the tire on the bike. your mich roads will be quite adequate down there if your riding with cruisers, and prepare for rain, it happens in the mountains quite frequently (ask me how I know)......the bags worked perfect for our day trips, I even had a 2.5 qt gas container on the left side (used it once)..saved my ass one night ,you know how good our gas mileage is right ?
have fun and ride safe down there, remember home is not down the street any more......
Ed

Back