Photos of my crashed bike (deer encounter)

As for PITA, gross. They don't have much support anymore. The Humane Society gets my dough.

The Humane Society and SPCA are almost as bad as PETA. Both organizations have an indiscriminate breed specific kill policies.

If you're going to donate, why not donate to PetFinder, they find homes for these animals and they always fix them before they adopt them. They only adopt out animals that are safe.

I believe if an animal is dangerous or in any way unfit for adoption it should only then be euthanized.

Here in northern California the deer are like free range cattle. So many folks feed them because they are "cute" and they like to see them around. However the downside to that is the population is at a level nature never intended. Some good friends of mine HEAVILY feed the deer and I just cringe when I see what they are doing. I haven't had the nerve to say anything to them yet. Believe me there is no threat to the deer population in this area. I also hit one with my car several years ago. I'm not the one to ever say "we need more laws" but I really believe feeding the deer population should be CRIMINAL, yes I said CRIMINAL!!!!!! These animals have always foraged and their population has always been kept in check. They are really "cute" when standing around but not so cute when they go through the windshield of a mini van carrying the wife and kids or take out a motorcycle/rider.

Yeah, whats with this fucked up attitude of killing all the deers. This kind of attitude has resulted into species getting extinct and will eventually will be one of the causes of the end of human race on this planet. This disgusts to me no ends. Deers are absolutely harmless poor and sweet creatures.

Haven't hit one yet, eh?

There are more deer in the us today than ever due to a lack of proper hunting management. Suburban deer are a big problem in many areas of the US.

Lymes disease is nasty little hazard these sweet harmless creatures
present to humans and our pets.

In 2006 there were 247,000 vehicle / deer collisions in the US with a result of over 200 human deaths and 1.1 billion in property damage.

The next time one dies in my yard (no I didn't kill it ) I'd love to drop the sweet creature at your house.

Deer rant over :cowboy:

Then use your recent accident as a means to open the door to tell your friends about them feeding the wildlife and the potential dangers to motorists.

Glad you are on the mend!

Sent via Nooked Android using Tapatalk

Haven't hit one yet, eh?

There are more deer in the us today than ever due to a lack of proper hunting management. Suburban deer are a big problem in many areas of the US.

Lymes disease is nasty little hazard these sweet harmless creatures
present to humans and our pets.

In 2006 there were 247,000 vehicle / deer collisions in the US with a result of over 200 human deaths and 1.1 billion in property damage.

The next time one dies in my yard (no I didn't kill it ) I'd love to drop the sweet creature at your house.

Deer rant over :cowboy:

Yea, humans have a lot of nasty little hazards, as well as attributing to more accidents and deaths then any other creature, but here we still are. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Humane Society and SPCA are almost as bad as PETA. Both organizations have an indiscriminate breed specific kill policies.

If you're going to donate, why not donate to PetFinder, they find homes for these animals and they always fix them before they adopt them. They only adopt out animals that are safe.

I believe if an animal is dangerous or in any way unfit for adoption it should only then be euthanized.

I disagree with this statement, the shelters run by the humane society in my area are no kills, and I foster for them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in northern California the deer are like free range cattle. So many folks feed them because they are "cute" and they like to see them around. However the downside to that is the population is at a level nature never intended. Some good friends of mine HEAVILY feed the deer and I just cringe when I see what they are doing. I haven't had the nerve to say anything to them yet. Believe me there is no threat to the deer population in this area. I also hit one with my car several years ago. I'm not the one to ever say "we need more laws" but I really believe feeding the deer population should be CRIMINAL, yes I said CRIMINAL!!!!!! These animals have always foraged and their population has always been kept in check. They are really "cute" when standing around but not so cute when they go through the windshield of a mini van carrying the wife and kids or take out a motorcycle/rider.

Don't need a new law. It IS illegal to feed deer in California

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/keepmewild/docs/lionbrochure.pdf

Call California Fish and Game, perhaps they would like to have a chat with Mr Deer feeder.

People who feed any wildlife really don't know/care for the well being of WILD animals.

Good to know there is a law. I didn't even consider the issue of the excessive deer population attracting mountain lions. They make an occasional showing here and end up getting shot.
Let the process of NATURAL selection remain natural.

damn dude, soory about the wreck, but glad you're ok. I live right by a golf course and deer just roam freely around here, whenever it's dark, riding/driving I use my brights regardless who's coming in the opposite direction. Those bastards just stand there and look at you. I never understand the scientific relation to why they just stand and stare at oncoming traffic.

Several years ago I made a coast to coast cross country trip in my plane. On the way back, headed west I made an overnight stop in Pampa Texas, located in the northern panhandle. They had a loaner car, a 1973 Ford T-Bird, old enough to have real bumpers, you know, the steel variety. The drive to town involved driving about 5 miles down a straight gravel road to get to the highway. Next morning I was leaving at 5:30 AM, pitch dark and headed down the road, doing about 50 mph. The road was bordered by fields. Jack rabbits were jumping out in front of me. Looked like they were on a suicide quest. They started getting whacked by that steel bumper. The sound was somewhat comical, clang, clang, clang. May have been the sound of the bunnies getting their bell rung. Anyway I hit quite a few of them. I have no idea why they hang out in the ditch next to the road. These are huge animals. Like a medium size dog with massive ears.

Several years ago I made a coast to coast cross country trip in my plane. On the way back, headed west I made an overnight stop in Pampa Texas, located in the northern panhandle. They had a loaner car, a 1973 Ford T-Bird, old enough to have real bumpers, you know, the steel variety. The drive to town involved driving about 5 miles down a straight gravel road to get to the highway. Next morning I was leaving at 5:30 AM, pitch dark and headed down the road, doing about 50 mph. The road was bordered by fields. Jack rabbits were jumping out in front of me. Looked like they were on a suicide quest. They started getting whacked by that steel bumper. The sound was somewhat comical, clang, clang, clang. May have been the sound of the bunnies getting their bell rung. Anyway I hit quite a few of them. I have no idea why they hang out in the ditch next to the road. These are huge animals. Like a medium size dog with massive ears.

And you continued driving?

From what I understand these suicide rabbits are very common along desert plains areas. A friend who has driven across country several times say its bizarre and can go on for miles.

Hey Crazy Biker, I don't get the "and you continued driving?" Do you mean not driving anymore due to the trauma of hitting so many bunnies? If you mean I should have parked the battle wagon and walked 10 ,miles to the airport, that wouldn't have worked out too well.
I had to move out into the country after "the incident", far enough from any church bells as I'm suffering from bunny killing guilt. Anytime I hear church bells I'm reminded of the clanging sound of their dumb bunny heads ringing off the bumper of that T-Bird, I just burst into tears. God forgive me................:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Back